very short hair- no work.

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Abi Malpas is off-line
10 April 2012 07:54
friendlymodel
Model

Avon
clevedon

Hey everyone, I have lopped all my hair off into a pixie style scop and gone blonde, even though it looks fine im worried that I am no longer giving off the stereotypical glamour model look and my work is suffering. I dont want to change my hair, I really like it, im just wondering if there is any other models out there with short hair that can give me any words of wisdom? Trying to upload a new pic but my phone wont let me.. Argh.

Orson Carter is off-line
10 April 2012 08:03
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Would be interested to see the new look. Can you not upload a pic via your PC?
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

Joel Hicks is off-line
10 April 2012 08:07
JoelHicks
Model
JoelHicks
Leicestershire

Why go for the stereotypical glamour look?! Stand yourself apart from everyone else... Personally, I love short hair on a girl - I think it's brave and shows a willingness to take risks, which I like. But, as already noted, without seeing a picture it's hard to comment...

Abi Malpas is off-line
10 April 2012 08:20
friendlymodel
Model

Avon
clevedon

I dont have a pc, I use my phone but its in for repair and my replacement wont allow me to upload pics. Gggrrrrr.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
10 April 2012 08:24
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Just looked at your other pictures, huge change, so we need to see it. I'm guessing you will look great.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Abi Malpas is off-line
10 April 2012 08:28
friendlymodel
Model

Avon
clevedon

Thank you Rupert, I originally had it shaved with a razor (for charity) but I have about 3 months worth of growth now so it looks fine. Will upload as soon as I can!

10 April 2012 08:37
GemH
Model

As I don't do glamour, I couldn't possibly comment on how it would affect a model in that part of the industry...

Personally though, I would NEVER chop off that much of my hair - I refuse to go above my shoulders! I was offered a job on tv where they wanted to give me that really short crop Victoria Beckham had a few years back but I'd have lost more money in the long run than I'd have made from that job, not to mention having to fork out for extensions, as a lot of my work comes from having long hair therefore being more versatile... My guess is you'd be really limited, but as someone else said it's also an additional selling point as you'll be different from the rest!

That's probably not much help, but wanted to chip in haha - I hope you get some more useful answers

Abi Malpas is off-line
10 April 2012 08:42
friendlymodel
Model

Avon
clevedon

Haha, thanks Gem, as modelling isnt my number 1 career as I work full time aswell im not concerned with the money side of thing I just wanted peoples feedback on it. I guess its swings and roundabouts, some people only want long hair and a small majority will be wanting the more quirkier styles. Time will tell I suppose!

Scott Morgan is off-line
10 April 2012 08:46
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
Somerset
Bristol

Quote from friendlymodel
Hey everyone, I have lopped all my hair off into a pixie style scop and gone blonde, even though it looks fine im worried that I am no longer giving off the stereotypical glamour model look and my work is suffering. I dont want to change my hair, I really like it, im just wondering if there is any other models out there with short hair that can give me any words of wisdom? Trying to upload a new pic but my phone wont let me.. Argh.

Quote from friendlymodel
Haha, thanks Gem, as modelling isnt my number 1 career as I work full time aswell im not concerned with the money side of thing I just wanted peoples feedback on it. I guess its swings and roundabouts, some people only want long hair and a small majority will be wanting the more quirkier styles. Time will tell I suppose!

Confused  

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ian Jackson is off-line
10 April 2012 08:50
brownnwhite
Photographer

Kent

Its a subjective subject  - if I was looking for a shoulder length haired brunette then would not book you. If wanted cute blond then yes.

Main thing is to get the pics up here - phone/friend/tfp whatever.

From the images on your port, would not be put off.

Main thing is to be confident in what you wear on how you project it - be happy in who you are.
Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B DareMeDD evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES chicimages copperbronze DabImagery Daveinsurrey gerry99111 goZzee hylander JRFox Kjoservices mikehemmings modelboutique moritz78 myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography PhilWinterbourne PHP_Photography redbaron robhillphoto snappychap sniffer stevegosh Stevew1 thelook TinDolls
matt