Reminder Secure

Friend and Follow features would be good!

2muchglam is off-line
08 April 2012 11:04
2muchglam
Photographer
2muchglam
Central
Falkirk

Many other image based sites have friend features to mark and link to people you work with or would like to.
Follow features to view updates from those individuals you admire and aspire to reach there ability or work with in future
and maybe even like button or thumbs up on images incase you don't want to leave a comment just show appreciation.

If this has been asked before please forgive me laugh

Will is off-linePlatinum Member
08 April 2012 12:06
CameraWillD40
Photographer
CameraWillD40
Northamptonshire

You can leave comments on images if the owner allows it. You can also add links to people you've worked with: Manage Profile --> Manage account settings. However this is more basic than what you are suggesting. I agree that friend features would be a good way of networking with both models and photographers. Also, it would be good to be able to credit studios on an image like models and MUA can already be tagged.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2012 12:24
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

..............and we'll see a popularity contest with all the likes.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

WebModerator is a moderator
08 April 2012 12:27
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Please remember that Purestorm is intended as a Portfolio Hosting resource not a Social Networking website.
We try to keep to two aspects seperate to avoid some of the problems generated by the latter.

2muchglam is off-line
08 April 2012 12:38
2muchglam
Photographer
2muchglam
Central
Falkirk

Quote from WebModerator
Please remember that Purestorm is intended as a Portfolio Hosting resource not a Social Networking website.
We try to keep to two aspects seperate to avoid some of the problems generated by the latter.

Forgive me but wether intended or not many professionals are networking on the site because it is a source of contact for people that use it. im suggesting making it easier to follow the work of others,

08 April 2012 14:39
Siras
Photographer

Quote from 2muchglam
... im suggesting making it easier to follow the work of others,

... you can already, by creating various favourites lists.

As said, having "friends" (who, of course, aren't really) just leads to popularity contests and exclusive little cliques. I think things work well enough as they are and should be left alone.

Just my 2p

Si

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is

Elizabeth  is off-line
08 April 2012 18:56
elizatate01
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
elizatate01
County Durham
Newcastle

I agree, i think there should be a follow, or a thumbs up for images, people would get a lot more work i think

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2012 19:06
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

We already have a kind of 'friends' list in the Favourites list.

It would be good to see:

- When people in your Favourites list were logged in (Net Model does this)
- Flag people in the casting call list, or on the forums with your 'Favourites' tag (such as 'Must work with', 'Avoid' - or whatever custom tag/folder you've assigned).
- Make a setting on the casting calls list to only email an update when someone from your 'Favourites' posts a casting (this would be fantastic)
- Make a setting on the casting calls to hide anyone on your blocked list

I wouldn't like to see 'friending' go further than this. The whole 'friends' thing on Model Mayhem is pointless and the main reason I never log on to the site.

08 April 2012 19:49
RobGolding
Photographer

Friending is pointless, following is quite cool, Purpleport does this, :0)

Neil Anderson is off-line
09 April 2012 04:13
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

If you want to stalk or be stalked why not just stick to facebook.

Timeline could introduce some good reading such as:

Jane joined PS
25 people e-mailed Jane
Jane changed her status to remove 'nude'
Jane posted a FTP casting
10 people replied to Jane's casting
Jane arranged a shoot with John
Jane arranged a shoot with Paul
Jane arranged a shoot with David
Jane cancelled her shoot with David
Jane arranged a shoot with David
Jane cancelled her shoot with David
David left Jane FeedbacK (blueface)
Paul left Jane Feedback
Jane left David feedback
Jane changed her status to add 'Nude' and 'Adult'
John left Jane feedback
Jane added new photos
Jane changed her notes
Jane changed her profile photo
Jane posted a Paid Adult casting
Jane posted in 'Models Seeeking Advice' on topic 'How much to charge'
Jane's account was suspended

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chloejade25
antoinewynn cliffc dby47 DJ200 ElegantCaptures gerry99111 iestyn JohnDentonPhoto lfc9_uk Mark_Anthony mghphoto Paul_Jones photostevo redbaron rod_m99 severndigital stevegosh Steveh32 Stewart1988 tigerman Willjamieson