Reminder Secure

Best Bargains?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
09 April 2012 15:11
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from jennyfozard

I think your rather fantastically mentioned fantastic and fantastical amount of times

Just so we are clear here - he's fantastic!

You have a lovely portfolio too by the way!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

09 April 2012 15:29
jennyfozard
Model

Quote from JennyWren

Just so we are clear here - he's fantastic!

You have a lovely portfolio too by the way!

hehe I have gathered that. Thank you very much indeed, yours is also fantastically fantastic

09 April 2012 15:36
JennyWren
Model

Quote from jennyfozard

hehe I have gathered that. Thank you very much indeed, yours is also fantastically fantastic

Thank you!

Anyways - Back on topic! Managed to buy 2500 jump rings for making chainmaille off of good old eBay for 99p - now I just have to learn how to make this -

Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
09 April 2012 17:51
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Mr Sainsbury let me scan through, and walk out with 2 large pizzas, 1kg of strong cheese, 2 tubs of margarine, and a loaf, and only asked for £1.69. Perhaps he was rewarding me for scanning it myself
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Mike Riot is off-line
10 April 2012 05:54
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Not me persoanlly, but:

I watch some rubbish TV programme called "Restoration Man" who monitors people while they do up old buildings and turn them in to homes.
Some guy was doing up an old church and was sourcing most of the stuff off ebay. He bought a £1500 shower unit, with all the fancy trimmings like side jets and stuff..... for 99p!
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

Simon is off-line
10 April 2012 08:37
ScouseSimon
Photographer

Lancashire

I got a copy of Frank De Mulders Senses for £10 it's £378 new on Amazon or £130 used

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Senses-Frasnk-De-Mulder/dp/3832792082/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1334064933&sr=8-7

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
10 April 2012 09:06
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

My best bargin was a Zenth Limited Edition Worldtime Chronometer Watch £1,250.00 Saw one in Frankurt for sale at €15,000 That is one of my best bargains
Also a TE Le Locle Triple Date Watch Valjoux 90 Calibre movement £1,000 worth around £9,000

I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

11 April 2012 19:55
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

Quote from Purple_Girl

Next Clearance outlet, it isn't normally my preferred style of clothing but I got a wicked Miss Sixty dress in one for £7, reduced from £110. smiley

Nor mine either really but I did get some nice new skinnies for £4 each I often check out charity/thrift stores, I used to volunteer at 17 so I know from experience you get a lot of brand new stuff, still with tags on for a hell of a lot less, I've gotten some awesome pacman, space invaders, batman, joker, etc, T-shirts for £2 maximum! There's a great thrift store in Aberdeen, a different charity rents the premesis every week and your most expensive item would set you back £4, I've gotten brand new purple pumps for £2 still tagged at originally £30, a suit top I'll be using for weddings for £3, originally £34.99 and load of shiny new jewelery for 20-50pence each!

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ad360photo boss1968 Cg123 cgr dave@studio99 doughnut GGDP_Photography Keithhendy LGI michael_cameraman Njsphotography roger forrester Rupert