Casting calls section - repeat postings / ignore list

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
07 April 2012 06:55
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

I thought Matt was looking at limiting the number of casting call postings to discourage gaming the results page... did anything ever come of this?

Seems that some models are deleting one casting call and adding a new one multiple times a day so they're always on the first page. It would be good to prevent this - or to add 'ignore list' functionality to the casting call page so that I could just remove them from view...

Thanks!

TarMoo is off-line
07 April 2012 07:03
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Some models do not realise that by not specifying a location that their casting rapidly disappears from view. If you specify a location then typically it is seen for a few days by photographers searching for castings in that region.

There may be a bug with the "Include casting calls that don't specify a location" option in Castings Calls List as I have noticed some castings on the front page which do not appear when I open the "Casting Calls List". I have London, South East and East Anglia regions as my default selection with "Include Castings  with No Location" ticked.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
07 April 2012 08:18
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from Andy_B
I thought Matt was looking at limiting the number of casting call postings to discourage gaming the results page... did anything ever come of this?

Not yet. Matt likes to put members on trust.
Unfortunately a minority see that as a sign of weakness and abuse his trust.
A few also feel that just because they pay for additional hosting they have a right to post what they wish.
~~~~~~~~

JackR is off-line
07 April 2012 10:16
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

Quote from Andy_B

Seems that some models are deleting one casting call and adding a new one multiple times a day so they're always on the first page. It would be good to prevent this - or to add 'ignore list' functionality to the casting call page so that I could just remove them from view...

Thanks!

+1 x 10

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch chosin Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017
antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc Daddylonglense diphoto Don_Dark duncanjames Forest GerryS2 Hioctane IanHighlander jake_istvan James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices malcie mamamiya mattybox Mike103 mrdl Nunude Platidonio rscott360 siwalters stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58 Thunder_Photos