Reminder Secure

Using the site on an Ipad

Matthew G is off-line
06 April 2012 10:06
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I recently upgraded my Ipad II to use OS 5 and since then I have real problems using this site with it. When i want to select a drop down item on the main page I can only seem to access the top line menu item... ie, Inbox rather than sent items or trash. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong but how do you effectively hover your curser over the menu item without it selecting the first item? 

Arielle Moon is off-line
06 April 2012 10:43
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Horsham

I have had a similar problem with other sites like eBay.
Try gently tapping the the inbox button should work then rather than pressing it.
My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

Will is off-linePlatinum Member
06 April 2012 15:11
CameraWillD40
Photographer
CameraWillD40
Northamptonshire

I'd never noticed before, but now you mention it, the menu flashes up and I go straight to the inbox. 'hovering' the cursor is something you can do with mouse/trackpad so no I don't think you're really doing anything wrong

Matthew G is off-line
06 April 2012 17:00
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

A quick google brings up the problem. It is a problem with only certain sites. My own site uses rollovers for menu items and works fine but others don't. A lot of reading forum posts suggest that there is no fix to the problem right now. Very annoying but its not the sites fault as which came first os5 or purestorm? Anyone trying to access it on an iphone will have the same problem.... Until Apple decide to fix it! Its been 6 months now!

06 April 2012 18:22
ScottishGeek
Photographer

As Cassandra says, lightly tap. I've been able to do so on both my iPhone 4 and my iIPad 2 both running IOS5.1
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Matthew G is off-line
06 April 2012 20:21
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Light tapping genuinely doesnt work on my ipad. Others say this too. Its obviously a bug... Unless there is somewhere in the settings you can ontrol this as its weird that what works for one doesnt work for another..... I couldnt press the screen any lighter.

Renton is off-line
07 April 2012 05:26
Renton
Photographer
Renton
London

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Matthew G is off-line
07 April 2012 09:46
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Ive tried everything. I'm one of thousands that it doesn't work for. A quick google tells all. Its Javascript related.

WebModerator is a moderator
07 April 2012 10:10
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

This is a software bug which Purestorm has no means of overcoming.
Matt optimises this site for as many systems and devices as possible but
until the manufacturers and providers all adopt the same standards such problem will persist.

Matthew G is off-line
07 April 2012 17:40
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I completely agree that the issue lies with Apple but it may possibly be a quick fix. If Apple would share what the issue is then it's quite possible that Matt could find an easy work around. If I find anything more out then I will let him know. This was in no way any kind of complaint to this site and was started originally as I thought I was doing something wrong. It's only with much googling and searching numerous forum threads that I discovered that it was a wider problem. Microsofts own site suffers from the same problem... which might just tell us the entire story! haha :-)

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Anniebabe chandni23 Debbieann latara_18 Pinklilly
alexandru66 chrisfrancis18 david1500 fannmore imageinc JohnDentonPhoto kai_kul Kjoservices KrissB lancephoto MIB mustang12 philStorm plymjack rankin22 rembrandt Reynard rscott360 shadowtime74 steveh32 Willjamieson
harbourstudio