Reminder Secure

Waterfalls in North Lanarkshire? Anyone know any?

01 April 2012 18:05
EllieSmithy
Model

Hi there. Well basically a friend has a photographer willing to work with his models. But the key location is A Waterfall. It doesn't have to be secluded (though it helps)
I was hoping that someone could help with any locations in the Lanarkshire area. Preferred NL.
Any one?

Thank you soo much
Ellie!

It would really help the girls

Simon Pole is off-line
01 April 2012 19:11
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Lothian
Livingston, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth

I don't think that there is anything significant that you can get close to safely, you'll probably need to look further afield.
We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke, You know we're gonna set them, set them. So everyone can take note, take note! - Adam Ant

murphyspal is off-lineSilver Member
15 April 2012 01:37
murphyspal
Photographer
murphyspal
Glasgow

Can't think of any locally in North Lanarkshire. About an hour and a half away there is the falls of Bruar in Perthshire, just off the A9 near the house of Bruar shopping place; and Grey mare's tail near Moffat maybe an hour away or so? There are also the Falls of Clyde at New Lanark, but not sure how close you can get to them to photograph.

Waterfalls being stunning tend to attract a lot of visitors especially in good weather, so I don't think either would be particularly secluded or quiet unless the shoot was at dawn.
I'm ahead of my time, but only by 15 min

murphyspal is off-lineSilver Member
15 April 2012 01:41
murphyspal
Photographer
murphyspal
Glasgow

As Simon already said be careful with these falls. Perhpas the Falls of Bruar are the most accessable, There is a pool there, but it is a steep climb down  and  they can be dangerous especially after rainfall when the waters are much higher and fuller.
I'm ahead of my time, but only by 15 min

15 April 2012 17:13
EllieSmithy
Model

Thanks focks for your help.
I hope they get something. But I think Bruar would be a bit far to travel for the models.
My friend is doing it for an agency he runs, one the photographers is looking to do pictures with the girls in swimwear under the waterfalls.
Thanks anyways.
Ellie x

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
AaronKent bengie billnjane csk_photography D_H_P dby47 ElegantCaptures iestyn Ladiesman lazeeboy marty55uk oro panda49 psn redtail Spiritofwales stevegosh thestarglider zelica333