Reminder Secure

Baby Photos are they allowed on this site ?

This thread is currently locked
31 March 2012 09:57
RocketMan
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Hello Gerry Quiff

Interesting point about page content . Wedding don't hold any interest with me , yet I often wonder how to square the circle with Glamour , adult photographer and weekend wedding chaps . ~One moment with the bride and groom and future in-laws, the next in the studio with a topless model. Puts fuel in the car and pays the bills .
not for me

I might leave you to contact the mother as you have the right.

RKD Photographic is off-line
31 March 2012 10:02
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from RocketMan
Hello Gerry Quiff Interesting point about page content . Wedding don't hold any interest with me , yet I often wonder how to square the circle with Glamour , adult photographer and weekend wedding chaps . ~One moment with the bride and groom and future in-laws, the next in the studio with a topless model. Puts fuel in the car and pays the bills . not for me I might leave you to contact the mother as you have the right.

Best way around that if you're concerned, is to use seperate web-sites: one for weddings and social photography and another for glamour work - there's still a segment of the british population that equates nudity with "dirt & smut" - but that says more about us than the photography, I'm afraid...

Not the case in Germany where even High-Street photographers cheerfully display boudoir and topless images in the windows right alongside weddings, baby and family photos...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

31 March 2012 10:20
RocketMan
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Well it could be seen perhaps that this is the feedback I getting from folks who are saying this is not the place for an image of a baby .

Seems the Germans have an open mind and a broader sense in the era we are all living.Even though I said about wedding camera guys .

Mark Peach is off-lineSilver Member
31 March 2012 10:31
mpp_visions
Photographer
mpp_visions
Suffolk
Felixstowe

This was posted by a moderator on 9th January 2009 in the Photographers-Photography Chat forum:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model-Related Images Only

Recently we had a photographer who did not appreciate that Purestorm is primarily a Model and Model Photographer (plus MUA) portfolio hosting site join as a Premium Member. As a result of not realising that this is not a general photography website, he placed at least one non-modelling image in just about every portfolio folder category.

This meant that the Home Page image gallery slideshow consisted almost entirely of images with no link whatsoever to models or modelling. This in turn prompted copycat behaviour from a small number of other Premium members who presumably decided that they now wanted to display non-model work on the Home Page.

To combat this, as Purestorm does not use plug-in software, Matt has had to write a fair bit of new code to try highlight that we only want model-related images on the site. This is why the image upload drawdown menu now has the word model in most fields. It looks a bit clumsy, but even though the following is spelt out at the top of the page some are still ignoring :- Add your modelling or model-related images here

Further wording changes are being introduced as and when time allows, as there is always somebody who is prepared to nit-pick in order to bend the rules, but other critical behind-the-scenes work and feature upgrades are taking priority.

Please note that if Moderators delete non-modelling images, or delete images which have had their nudity rating toggled incorrectly to get them on the front page, we will not be wasting time sending out e-mails to explain why they have vanished into a cyberspace black hole.

We appreciate that from time to time members may wish to temporarily upload the odd non-model image to their profile, for example to illustrate some point in the forums, in which case we ask them to set the Image Rating to something other than Does Not Contain Nudity so that it does not pop up in what is intended to be a showcase gallery of the 'office friendly' model-related images of Premium members.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

The Purestorm Team

RKD Photographic is off-line
31 March 2012 10:48
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Think that about covers it: wasn't trying to be nasty Rocketman - I appreciate the nuances of tone and syntax can sometimes be lost in inter-web discussions, but there's really no need to be quite so abruptly defensive when you don't hear the wanted-for responses...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

WebModerator is a moderator
31 March 2012 11:14
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Purestorm is an over-18s Model & Model Photography site and not a general photography site.
It is acceptable to post the occasional parent and child photo in a portfolio but we prefer that in
general members do not upload child pictures to their Model Photography portfolios.

45 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 Lusciousabi29 RISelene rob452 Roose speed84
android_man antoinewynn boss1968 cliffc copperbronze cygnet Dave@studio99 david1500 djb1 Don_Dark donaldmac eosfan flawless_photo glamorphotos gshocker30 Impulse_Images JPV just_lez Kjoservices MauricesImagery MIB michaelangelo mlp modelboutique natkins noggy1930 paulreeves philsmg Photojames43 redbaron Richard99 rscott360 RUPERT sirspread stevegosh steveh32 westend_portfolios