Reminder Secure

Baby Photos are they allowed on this site ?

This thread is currently locked
31 March 2012 06:50
RocketMan
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Dear All

I have not seen a sign to say over 18 , or minors not allowed.

The reason , as I have completed a few photos of a baby and am rather pleased with them .  The family have been pleased  with a few I already sent on and would like to share a few on here.Though it seems unless the model is over 18 the images have no merit., or interest.
Just needing clarification 

Kind regards

Paul 

RKD Photographic is off-line
31 March 2012 07:13
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Why - is this facebook or something?
This site is primarily for discussing model-shoots - for the same reason you'll not find me posting my weddings, portraits, sports, news or landscape work here...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Roy Nesbitt is off-line
31 March 2012 07:20
roynesbitt1973
Photographer

South Australia
Whyalla

I have got a baby photo on my portfolio and as of yet i havent had any notification to ask me to remove it.

31 March 2012 07:26
RocketMan
Photographer

Dear Rob Knight . I have asked a question . your attitude is not required.
I do not have an account with Facebook or anything else .

I believe this site is for camera owners and models . I own a camera , the baby was asked to be photographed by the parents with a view to offering them to a Model agency . .

TarMoo is off-line
31 March 2012 07:32
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

This is an 18 plus site, so photos of babies or young children are not a good idea.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

31 March 2012 07:39
RocketMan
Photographer

We provide free portfolio hosting for the modeling and photographic industry

is the title when opening this site.

I don't see before entering or logging in the requirement to be over the age of 18.

Without falling out with anyone here , can some say if I can post a couple of images of a baby with the parents
permission .Fashion and typical baby images.

Gerry is off-line
31 March 2012 07:44
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

You will get loads of opinions here but only the moderators can advise. If you are asking the parents permission, you better direct them to your portfolio page to make sure they are also happy with the context their baby will be shown in
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

31 March 2012 07:58
RocketMan
Photographer

I have sent a request to the moderators to answer my enquiry, or post.
The mother has yet to be supplied with the images though I have sent a couple of small J-pegs which has received a
positive response .

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
31 March 2012 08:18
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Yeah, post them all over your portfolio in with the semi nude and nude images you have there...

just remember and tell the mother that's where you're posting them
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

RKD Photographic is off-line
31 March 2012 08:50
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from RocketMan
Dear Rob Knight . I have asked a question . your attitude is not required. I do not have an account with Facebook or anything else . I believe this site is for camera owners and models . I own a camera , the baby was asked to be photographed by the parents with a view to offering them to a Model agency . .

Telling you something you didn't want to hear isn't 'attitude' - it's just not what you wanted to hear...

Put what you like in your portfolio - it's your portfolio, but as others have said, I'm sure the parents will be delighted. Take the images to an agency by all means, but an internet model-forum isn't that place.
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray celebrateeverymoment danixhale Littlemiss01 lucypurse Michelledefeo1
Auctioneer dbphoto digitizer Essexjohn j12345s jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto johnr jpdo keltica lenspoynter MauricesImagery MIB mlp nicetwocu philippahh photostevo redbaron siclews stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt stevie_de talldave68 Thunder_Photos will_i_am