This thread is being watched by 2 people
Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 March 2012 16:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

So can the system be altered to include boroughs in the counties selection, or perhaps even just compas points just to give a rough idea of whereabouts in London someone actually is?

Perhaps have it hyphenated as a list?  eg. 'London - Barnet'  or 'London - North'
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Pluckphotography is off-lineSilver Member
24 March 2012 17:09
Pluckphotography
Photographer
Pluckphotography
Essex
Chelmsford

+1
Also, people who are close to London tend to list their location as 'London'. So I, in Essex, might be looking at someone's page showing their location as London (and me thinking they could be from Ealing or somewhere way out west) when in fact they're from 10 miles away near the Essex/London border.
I coulda had class...

jivago Photographic is off-line
24 March 2012 17:10
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Never heard of it - What's the bearing from Islay?
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

w4pictures is off-line
24 March 2012 17:16
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Absolutely agree. By the borough council would be great. There are only about 30 of them and I imagine not many models live in the City or Westminster.

As a West Londoner, in terms of travelling time, I may as well book a model from Bristol as one from the far side of London.

HowardJ is off-line
24 March 2012 17:21
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It's easy enough, just ask the model which borough she's in or the nearest town.

Nigel Pacquette is off-line
24 March 2012 17:53
NMP
Photographer
NMP
London

If deciding what model to shoot based on location is a factor, why ask when you could be able to read on her profile in the first place - that's quicker and easier than asking (and saves the potential ping pong of telling them they live to far away and then they respond saying they don't, you say they do, and blah blah blah).

Massive plus 1 to RedChecker, Pluckphotography, and w4pictures . I don't mind what exact system is implemented as they have come up with good suggestions. If something is done about this, it would be great if a message went out to all existing Londoners letting them know about ask about / utilising this new feature - as an existing member I wouldn't know and therefore fail to update my profile.

Look forward to hearing for you .
www.nigelpacquette.co.uk

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
24 March 2012 18:35
ForumModerator

West Sussex

The Casting Call system is configured for Greater London, which is reasonably specific.
If wishing to narrow down further this can be done by way of the optional City/Town field.

( For those who have trouble with geography London is not in the North Sea - it's the black blob between SE and EA )

~~~~~~~~

Nigel Pacquette is off-line
24 March 2012 18:40
NMP
Photographer
NMP
London

...and if I want to use the search function? At present I can only specify London unless I'm missing something . I don't know if the OP meant his suggestion to apply to castings or the search but even if he didn't, could I suggest / ask this be ammended with one of the aforementioned suggestions?
www.nigelpacquette.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 March 2012 18:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I wasn't referring to casting calls - I only ever contact models direct by browsing profiles.

For most areas the city is fine but London is so vague as to make things tricky as it's either a 1/2 or a 2 1/2 hour car journey depending on where in Greater London the model is located
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
24 March 2012 18:41
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Why don't we all mail a model each and ask her to put it on her portfolio, perhaps in the space allocated for the city or region, just as the many London based photographers have smiley

Then again, we might find that some models may feel that having a more precise location would gain them unwanted attention, or lose them offers of work, as discussed in this thread. 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
anniesss danixhale Michelledefeo1
andygstudios Auctioneer Berkeleyboy Blancho dazglam ellessephotography marcocastiglioni PDCPhotos Philski Rehan rscott360 viewphotographic