Reminder Secure

pics but no work!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This thread is currently locked
23 March 2012 06:30
hotmum
Model

I have had afew people asking me for more pics which i have emailed them, they have been emailing me for days sorting out what we will be doing ect, then all of a sudden they stop emailing me, and they have all those pics of me, when i email them back i dont hear from them!!!!! i need some work, what can i do?

Hobbeldehoy is off-line
23 March 2012 06:35
Hobbeldehoy
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Hobbeldehoy
Dumfries and Galloway
Dumfries

they can't use those photos without a model release form and id's so they can't be published. obviously you should only send two or three photos as samples at the most.

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 March 2012 06:46
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It is almost certainly called "being taken for a mug" by guys who want more pictures for their "personal collections"

I guess they were not head shots?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

23 March 2012 06:59
Socialdisaster
Photographer

There are few reasons to email photos to anyone prior to a shoot. The only time I've ever asked for it was to show me a tattoo or to show me new hair, things not represented on a port sometimes.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 March 2012 07:01
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Ok, its pretty normal for photographers to request pictures, but the normal request would be for casting pictures, these would be decent, clear headshots and nude pictures which clearly show your figure, ie standing or kneeling, not open - leg or explicit.

Even for adult work, there is no need for explicit images, ie open-leg etc and you should never send those other than if you are casting for particular niche adult work, like "hairy", large labia etc. For general nude or adult work nude is the max you need to send, anyone who requests more than this is a picture collector and is unlikely to book you...you have already given him what he wants, free of charge..:-)
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Kirk Schwarz is off-line
23 March 2012 07:15
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from Hobbeldehoy
they can't use those photos without a model release form and id's so they can't be published. obviously you should only send two or three photos as samples at the most.

I'm sure there is only one kind of release required for the purposes they are using the shots... And it ain't model!

Maybe set yourself up somewhere on the Internet where you can upload your pictures and then when they ask to see more you can send them a link instead of files?
Can someone tell me how to put text in this box???

Peter Hague is off-line
23 March 2012 07:21
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from IainT
Ok, its pretty normal for photographers to request pictures, but the normal request would be for casting pictures, these would be decent, clear headshots and nude pictures which clearly show your figure, ie standing or kneeling, not open - leg or explicit.

Even for adult work, there is no need for explicit images, ie open-leg etc and you should never send those other than if you are casting for particular niche adult work, like "hairy", large labia etc. For general nude or adult work nude is the max you need to send, anyone who requests more than this is a picture collector and is unlikely to book you...you have already given him what he wants, free of charge..:-)

^^^This.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 March 2012 07:35
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Hobbeldehoy

Absolutely not true and a common myth. I've had sets of mine pirated and published in magazines as well as the internet. In fact I've had stuff illegally published by well know publishers, the S***t group for instance. Also, the copyright holder can quite legally publish the images anywhere they want without ID and release. ID and release is required if you want to comply with reg 2257, but if you are happy to steal content or post free pics on the internet, its unlikely that falling foul of 2257 is going to deter you. 
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Chrissie Red is off-line
23 March 2012 07:54
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Hobbeldehoy

Samples makes it sound dreadful.. try before you buy? 
Example is a much better phrase.

Who is the person asking for the images? where did they get your contact details? are they a photographer? have you seen their work? - got any references?

All of the above are questions I would ask before sending anyone ANYTHING over the internet, anyone can be whoever they want especially via e-mail. The amount of e-mails I've had from vogue type professionals asking for images is unreal. Never be quick to send away images to anyone. If someone e-mails me asking for an image of something not on my portfolio here I will link them elsewhere on line. The reality is though everything I do I'm happy to show off to folks so have displayed them on one of my own galleries - that includes "casting" type shots. Be careful and if they ask to see you on webcam no matter who they say they are tell them to f$£k off!

23 March 2012 08:04
hotmum
Model

they are from here and yes they sent me some sample pics of other girls, and i looked on there profile on here, but when it comes to sorting a date out they disappear and dont get in touch again?

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah bonni_cuffs Craigchesham Hann kategrimsby OlgaCabaeva
alexcrawford duncanjames Einstein GGDP_Photography johnnytog jyp nickdandalos rod_m99 Scotography Tammyj whitepython