Reminder Secure

Photographic skin ?

FunAli is off-lineGold Member
22 March 2012 09:33
FunAli
Model

Essex
Halstead

Hello all.... just wanted to get feedback from some models (& photographers come to that) I'm new to modeling & having completed several shoots recently i've been asked more than once if i have something to make my body 'glissen'

So here's my question.... has anyone used such a product? Can anyone guide me as to what the best product might be?

i realise that it's not required for every sitution, i.e. - i just completed a shoot for an art exhibition the images for which will be B&W, no make up, slicked back hair... a very natural approach.

By contrast, last weekend i had a great shoot to launch a new drag car, and felt that with this kind of shoot maybe i could have done more! I saw some images on camera where they had wet my skin, and i have to admit..... it looked pretty good....

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
22 March 2012 11:48
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

There are a few things you could try depending on the level of sheen required*. Over the years I have used (going from least to most shiny) -
glycerine
corn oil
baby oil

All of these can be quite messy to use and it helps if there is a shower nearby for the model to wash the stuff off as soon as the shots have been obtained. Hope this helps.

* Your mileage may vary.
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Razoir is off-line
22 March 2012 12:37
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

There is also makeup that contains 'sparklies'. I suggest asking an MUA.

Corn oil works best (IMHO) baby oil smells. Not unpleasant but may get you some odd looks on the bus home!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Bryony Edwards is off-lineSilver Member
22 March 2012 14:36
bryonyphotography
Photographer
bryonyphotography
Derbyshire
Mansfield

Elle macpherson body shimmer. Its tinted slightly brown and has gold shimmer in it. its brilliant!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELLE-MACPHERSON-BODY-GLOW-Dry-Oil-Shimmer-Spray-150ml-/280783123128

Jesfish is off-line
22 March 2012 18:03
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

There are lots of moisturising products with sparkle in.  Oil can be messy but I find vaseline better as it's not over the top ...or quite as dangerous!! ;-)

FunAli is off-lineGold Member
23 March 2012 04:18
FunAli
Model

Essex
Halstead

Thank you guys, I'll try some of these. i have tried a Glimmer cover before, was asked to lay on a white (Clean) floor, when i got up there was my outline left on the floor LOL.

Thank you for your time

Ali X

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura
sniffer