am considering shaving my eyebrows

Odonata is off-line
16 March 2012 13:22
Odonata
Model
Odonata
London
London

i have at the moment a fairly diverse look, although recently i have been refining it to more of an alternative genera.
my every day look and style is something of a cyber/steampunk sci-fi and tribal celt mash together
my interest is greatly in alternative genera hair make-up and fetish photography however i find photographers always want to take the safe road in make-up and hair and i don't actually get the chance to shoot alternative (having an extensive art nude portfolio doesn't help.

away from modelling i don't wear make-up - unless i am going out. if people are going to see me say shopping i will put on mascara and fill in my eyebrows
i love my eyebrows!
recently i have dyed my hair pink , and do my eyebrows most days to match.
for some time now i have been considering shaving them , or half shaving (from the arch) to open up my options for make-up that i currently cannot wear as successfully without

am wondering what other models who draw on their eyebrows have to say about them and do you enjoy the freedom to change their shape vs the hassle of having to paint them on just to look normal in the morning ?

16 March 2012 13:44
_Maz_
Model

You've got to be able to draw them on properly, and evenly everyday.

I spent years shaving them off and drawing them back on. Whilst on one hand it allowed me to play around with makeup a bit more, it also hindered me when trying to be versatile (non-alternative).
I looked like an alien everytime I got up in the morning, and when I came to grow them back, it was a nuisance and long process.
Re: makeup, you can always block out your natural eyebrows for certain makeup styles using spirit gum & brow wax to avoid shaving them off. (I only discovered this after I grew my eyebrows back )

In the end it's entirely your choice, just be prepared to get a slight shock when you wake up in the morning & look in the mirror for the first few days!
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Odonata is off-line
16 March 2012 14:00
Odonata
Model
Odonata
London
London

hey thanks, that was very honest, i am actually thinking more of me going out and my personal look rather than modelling so waxing down my brows every day or so would probably be a bigger pain than growing them back. the fact my hair is pink keeps me fairly alternative in modelling for now- altho i have had two very conventional MUAs comment that they'd love it if i didnt have eyebrows.
i know it is a big commitment. i have thin long eyebrows, the hair is long and sparse- if i pluck wrong it is a disaster so i know already i am looking at hell of a long time to get them back to the shape they are now. drawing them on everyday wont be an issue for me skill wise and commitment. maybe i will consider first taking off the tail half see how it goes.

16 March 2012 14:05
BaileyK
Model

Im not sure it would suit you...TBH You have lovely eyebrows

Odonata is off-line
16 March 2012 14:12
Odonata
Model
Odonata
London
London

Quote from BaileyK
Im not sure it would suit you...TBH You have lovely eyebrows

the thing is i just realised there is really only one or two shots in my port where you can actually see them
i do like my eyebrows . they just get in the way of more creative make-up options for me - fairly undecided on it i think

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
16 March 2012 14:29
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

have to do mine with a hedge trimmer.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent Davidhunt dby47 Foxwellphoto George99 jccj1 Kjoservices nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos