Reminder Secure

48hr Availability

This thread is currently locked
15 March 2012 08:39
Gfun
Photographer

Having had a model cancel late last night for a shoot today.

Then had the joyless task of the ringing round models to see if they could work today (I could not find anyone)

I am now sat in my office.......... and not wishing to start another 'no show lack of professionalism rant' am taking the calm constructive option (just). 
Models will be models and not show up its part of life (though if someone would give me £75 to dress up and stand in front of a camera for 3 hours I would be there!) 

So as I guess most photographers will have been or will be in this situation sooner or later ...... which is also a waste of resources as some other model could have had the work.

Therefore could we have? –

A dedicated forum where models can post 48hr availability (after 48hrs or get work they drop off) or some sort list where models with no work in the next 48hrs can flag them selves up. 

That way a photographer with space can check who is available in the area and book them for work. 

Benefits to PS would be that models that may not have been 'first choice' due to a less than perfect portfolio get work and develop into active members (or make it part of a premium search?)
Benefits to models would be they get work they would have missed due to whatever reason
Benefits to photographers we can convert what is redundant time to work 

I'm now going for a walk and will try not to think of empty studios (the MUA is happy as she has gone shopping with her money) 

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
15 March 2012 08:50
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Gfun
Having had a model cancel late last night for a shoot today.

Then had the joyless task of the ringing round models to see if they could work today (I could not find anyone)

I am now sat in my office.......... and not wishing to start another 'no show lack of professionalism rant' am taking the calm constructive option (just). 
Models will be models and not show up its part of life (though if someone would give me £75 to dress up and stand in front of a camera for 3 hours I would be there!) 

So as I guess most photographers will have been or will be in this situation sooner or later ...... which is also a waste of resources as some other model could have had the work.

Therefore could we have? –

A dedicated forum where models can post 48hr availability (after 48hrs or get work they drop off) or some sort list where models with no work in the next 48hrs can flag them selves up. 

That way a photographer with space can check who is available in the area and book them for work. 

Benefits to PS would be that models that may not have been 'first choice' due to a less than perfect portfolio get work and develop into active members (or make it part of a premium search?)
Benefits to models would be they get work they would have missed due to whatever reason
Benefits to photographers we can convert what is redundant time to work 

I'm now going for a walk and will try not to think of empty studios (the MUA is happy as she has gone shopping with her money) 

Excellent suggestion:-)
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Moi is off-line
15 March 2012 09:02
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

An 'Available for work' list sounds like a good idea

At least it would be somewhere to start if you needed a model at the last minute
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Blinkin Image is off-line
15 March 2012 09:30
Blinkinimage
Photographer
Blinkinimage
Greater Manchester

Brilliant idea - have been let down twice this week!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
15 March 2012 16:03
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Excellent idea Geoff
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Nigel Pacquette is off-line
15 March 2012 22:43
NMP
Photographer
NMP
London

Quote from gerryquiff
Excellent idea Geoff

+1

Also, extra kudos for resisting the rant option, instead coming up with a possible solution (and posting it) cheeky

Not calling you an unreasonable man but I can't help but post one of my favourite quotes whenever someone complains about any of my 'suggestions':

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw

Nigel
www.nigelpacquette.co.uk

Lifescapes is off-line
16 March 2012 03:30
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Sounds good to me. Only problem would be that there is still no way of guaranteeing that those posting are actually available. Still it would be a start.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
16 March 2012 03:48
ForumModerator

West Sussex

In an ideal world this would be a great idea.
In reality it would probably be massively misused by a minority who would post daily.
(Several models are currently effectively on Probation for Casting Call overuse)
However we will talk through possibilities with Matt to see if he can code something to limit misuse.
Leave this one with us for a while please - it has been flagged for Matt's attention.
~~~~~~~~

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly RedXXX Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cgwebster cliffc couchestudio dorrian dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique peteb philippahh photomart rscott360 sbindependant Scottda Snooper911 steeee212 steveh32 Thunder_Photos westend_portfolios
barlowstudios