Reminder Secure

Nuts Mag... Again!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
13 March 2012 13:40
katiemae
Model

I got an email this morning to say i'm in Nuts again! I had no idea so I went to buy the magazine and there I am on pg.64 advertising 'Nuts hot dates' (interestingly enough I'm not single or on the date site ha)

Anyway, I guess it's kind of cool.. But they didn't tell me they were going to put me in the mag again, and use the images from a shoot we did for bedroom babes in December. Does anyone know what their rights are etc? As they are now using me to promote Nuts Hot Dating lol! My parnter and I both think it's quite funny though hehe

All the best

Amber West is off-line
13 March 2012 13:49
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Well done!

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
13 March 2012 13:52
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from katiemae
Does anyone know what their rights are etc?

Unless you commissioned the photographer to shoot you for "for private and domestic purposes" or you signed a legal contact to prevent specific use, the photographer (or assignees) can do pretty much what they want short of defamation. However, if you signed a contract which grants the photographer and assignees irrevocable consent to publish or republish in any medium for all purposes you may not even have the defamation fall-back.
Bob

OldMaster is off-line
13 March 2012 13:55
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Check the contract...if they paid you for the images I expect you will find clauses regarding the uses they can put them to. You probably signed it or they would have to pay every time they published your picture.

HowardJ is off-line
13 March 2012 14:38
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Congrats.

I see another Purestormer Holly Gibbons was also in Nuts today in the 101 topless babes section.

Well done all.

sport shooter is off-line
13 March 2012 15:16
Paul101
Photographer

West Sussex
Midhurst

Well done Kaite, great to see your doing well

Maddawg is off-line
13 March 2012 15:47
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

Can we have a signed copy?

14 March 2012 06:33
katiemae
Model

Quote from OldMaster
Check the contract...if they paid you for the images I expect you will find clauses regarding the uses they can put them to. You probably signed it or they would have to pay every time they published your picture.

I signed a standard model release with them on the day, and he basically said that the images are going to be used for the bedroom babes section. I was not paid for this, as it was only a bedroom babes competition and the prize is winning a shoot for a double page spread in the mag. But they have taken one of the images from this shoot and used it to promote their dating site... hmmmm

HowardJ is off-line
14 March 2012 07:04
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from katiemae
I signed a standard model release with them on the day, and he basically said that the images are going to be used for the bedroom babes section. I was not paid for this, as it was only a bedroom babes competition and the prize is winning a shoot for a double page spread in the mag. But they have taken one of the images from this shoot and used it to promote their dating site... hmmmm

I think this is what Nuts is famous for.  You shoot for free and they use your images to fill up their magazine, make money from it and then go to the next model.  It's a good money making scheme for them.

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
14 March 2012 07:11
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Quote from katiemae

If the pictures are not being used for what they told you they are breaking a verbal contract and you can charge them a commercial amount.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bunanin
FirstLifePhotography JohnDentonPhoto Jsb270 martinchristie photofrank redtail scottmcccxiv skinz TinDolls