This thread is currently locked
Moi is off-line
28 September 2012 11:02
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

A model told me last year that a photographer had cancelled a paid shoot with her because he could 'shoot her for nothing at a group shoot'

With that sort of thinking / comment its not surprising models arent responding in the way they might once have done

The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

David Ayre is off-line
28 September 2012 12:05
david_ayre_photography
Photographer
david_ayre_photography
Tyne and Wear
sunderland

From my point of view we have had some excellent group shoots over the last few years around here. All models got the requested images, everyone met some new contacts and socially they have been a good laugh. Probably everyone attending learnt something.

As for the point about paid shoots being cancelled, not many paid models do group shoots for that very reason, along with the fact that they have experience now so don't need to do these. These are aimed more at the newcomers and for the social aspect. Shame it's not happening now but i'm sure we could arrange another with some better planning!
www.davidayre.co.uk.....or..... http://davidayrephotography.blogspot.com/

Snapper NE is off-lineGold Member
29 September 2012 15:51
RM_creative
Photographer
RM_creative
Tyne and Wear
South Shields

agree with dave

30 September 2012 05:08
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

I agree a lot with what has been said about group shoots. Myself and two other photogs used to have regular 'not-group' shoots at Mayfield Studio in Newcastle. Where we book the studio for the day and either cast or specifically invite models to come along. There is non of the mess of group shoots as each photog shoots the models he or she booked. Again used for new models but plenty of experienced models came along too. We would have MUAs on board and it was just a great social event more than anything.
The next one is next Saturday (with two different photographers) and I couldn't be more happy with the 3 models I have booked
"I wont give in until I have complained about everything"

Cassie "Classy" is off-line
30 September 2012 05:22
classy_cassie
Model
classy_cassie
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Hey ...just browsing this thread and if you have. I models interested why don't you book one or two for the shoot?

I can't see it costing much if there are loads of photographers ...?

Just a suggestion:

C x
Failure is not an option <3

Stu Glen is off-line
02 October 2012 15:28
canon_stu
Photographer
canon_stu
Tyne and Wear

Is this happening or has it fell on its arse?
Opinions vary and unfortunately yours is wrong :p

WebModerator is a moderator
02 October 2012 16:10
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from canon_stu
Is this happening or

Like most such events, few models appear to be willing to attend just for images.
We think it is safe to say it has died through lack of interest (see above) so are Locking
If any of our registered studio owners in the area is watching, maybe this might be an opportunity to lay a formal event.

RIP SSLGS : 10 March 2012 - 2 October 2012

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chosin Exoticangel NikkiLouise93 xamberx
ad360photo albaphotos BobWright control160 Coolpix87 Danny_Bs_Photos donaldmac duncanjames Essexjohn gkeesuk grisey hylander James7799 jonnywoo Kjoservices love MIB mlp nickdandalos Nwphotosinc1 peteb PhotoSpyroS Puremoods rscott360 stephenmuddell stevegosh thelook TWO50 viewphotographic
harbourstudio