Reminder Secure

Chaperones (Yes, it really IS another Macaroon thread.)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
This thread is currently locked
Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2012 18:27
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Why are chaperones called macaroons?

I like macaroons. They are very sweet and the coconut is brilliant.

They are almost singlehandedly responsible for £300 worth of dental work over the past two months.

Anyway if you could please enlighten me.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Gerry is off-line
10 March 2012 18:34
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Why are chaperones called macaroons? .

Oh no you don't - read this lot and somewhere you will find the answer like we all had to suffer - but if you cannot be bothered to read, there was a time [a less stressful one] when the moderators would instantly lock down a thread if someone mentioned the word chaperone because people were fed up of other people constantly banging on about something that you will never get everyone to agree on.

So someone decided it would be a clever idea to use rhyming slang to call someone a macaroon until the mods got fed up with that and would then shut down macaroon threads

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Fisherface is off-line
10 March 2012 18:34
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I prefer macaroni, although coconut is nice!

10 March 2012 18:44
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from Gerry99111
Oh no you don't - read this lot and somewhere you will find the answer like we all had to suffer - but if you cannot be bothered to read, there was a time [a less stressful one] when the moderators would instantly lock down a thread if someone mentioned the word chaperone because people were fed up of other people constantly banging on about something that you will never get everyone to agree on.

So someone decided it would be a clever idea to use rhyming slang to call someone a macaroon until the mods got fed up with that and would then shut down macaroon threads

Cheers.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

10 March 2012 18:48
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from Fisherface
I prefer macaroni, although coconut is nice!

Nah,  for pasta I like linguini.

For sweets my favourite is Tablet.      Very sweet.

But my teeth can't take it.

clarmike is off-line
11 March 2012 02:41
clarmike
Photographer
clarmike
Norfolk
Norwich

I started this thread a day or so ago and quoted ,verbatim,th remarks on a local models profile. She put up a casting call for a tog to do a shoot with her.

Instead of replyng to the casting call I senr her an email asking if she did not think perhaps her problem stemmed from the wording on her profile that was putting togs off. The reply I received is quite remarkable so I attach it below. I really do not think we will be seeing any new pics on her profile.

Comment at will
[ personal message content removed by Moderator - incidentally, it was both polite and reasonable ]

So there you have it, it is all a question of an appropriate sense of humour. By the way she is short and her limits are very restricted, oh and she wants paying.

Gerry is off-line
11 March 2012 03:01
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Im of the view that as there is no bottom level to quality on these internet sites [which is good as a way as some people do have the capability to rise from very mediochre standards], survival of the fittest applies.

This means that those that are going about it the wrong way, have little talent and will not listen, will dissappear. Its best to let that happen rather than build up false hopes.

Only yesterday, I was reading the profile of a photographer on another site who had been shooting photography for over 30 years, labelled himself as a semi pro and was promoting himself for TFP collaborations. His pictures were worse than could have been obtained on a compact camera on full auto settings and the girls had been made to look ugly with his tacky style of flat photography. I have a chuckle and move on.

If the sites have a modicum of interest in model & photographer safety and there is a vehicle to identify the better quality ones, then to me that is all we can expect of internet modelling. The onus then is on yourself you not get sucked into the people that will waste your time and find those that are rewarding to work with

Otherwise, we would all hire our models from agencies which would be three times the cost and a lot less fun.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

WebModerator is a moderator
11 March 2012 03:21
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Thread Locked as it was going down the same route as similar ones on this topic.

Note: It is unacceptable to pick on young models taking their first hesitant steps in our community
merely because they decide they do not wish to shoot on their own.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Craigchesham fizzy Kayleigh94 LaLuna lynnesel perfectohandyman
bluesden cliffc dailand davejarvis david1500 frankpht gwentman moritz78 Puremoods roundtheworld severndigital skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh ttstinger wacTony Willjamieson woody