This thread is currently locked
Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
08 March 2012 23:25
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I'd love to see some kind of account for Production Companies.

In most ways I'd envisage this as being similar to a photographer account as it's likely it'd be used in much the same kinds of way. The chief difference is that the account owner is identified as the representative of a production company, and shoots arranged with models are understood to be shoots for the company, not for that individual (though he or she might well be the photographer employed for that shoot).

I guess there might not be demand for this, in which case fair dinkums.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 March 2012 04:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If this goes ahead it may be an idea to have an option to list PS members that work on behalf of said company (if desired), so as to give reassurance to other members that approaches from them are genuine.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

09 March 2012 05:29
flashman
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Could there also be videographer section as well. With more people moving to video rather than stills it will separate the two.

Chris

Strober is off-line
09 March 2012 06:38
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Cheshire
Manchester

That would be cool as it would stop me from opening up new accounts on other sites to talk about video as I've got bored about talking about radio triggers now on this site lol But not sure about the "Model" side of things with videos..... hmmmm should it not really be actors? Presenters? etc..... as again I don't think the term "Model" and video has a ring to it or is that just me?

Quote from flashman
Could there also be videographer section as well. With more people moving to video rather than stills it will separate the two.

Chris

www.strober.co.uk

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
09 March 2012 13:50
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from RedChecker
If this goes ahead it may be an idea to have an option to list PS members that work on behalf of said company (if desired), so as to give reassurance to other members that approaches from them are genuine.

That'd be very good indeed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

WebModerator is a moderator
09 March 2012 16:32
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Matt has been looking into various additional categories, including Service Providers, for some time
but dealing with the core membership categories of Models, Photographers (& Studios) and MUAs
has been his priority and has taken up almost all of his available spare time.

If/when new categories are introduced he will inform existing members first.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlie2013 fashion29 Jamesdean111 Jessicaliu1993 mandymack natpenelope pinklilly RebeccaKing
ad360photo bninja djb1 ElegantCaptures Images1854 kaosrox KDP keltica Kjoservices lfc9_uk MIKE999 rscott360 shadowtime74 skinz stevegosh Steveh32
Charlottealom
Studio12