This thread is being watched by 1 person
Chris Holmes is off-line
06 March 2012 05:35
LimHolmes
Photographer
LimHolmes
Hertfordshire
Rickmansworth

Is anyone interested in this, if so let me know your preference Ricky or Watford and what day. I'll then sort out a venue.
I look forward to meeting you.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 March 2012 05:58
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Might be tempted, friday/saturday's are best so there's no work the next day. I'll wait to see how much interest gets drummed up.

If Watford, The Flag's a nice-sized venue (huge) with plenty of parking (Watford Junction station) although they often have live bands meaning £3 entry which will put some off (sad but true).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

06 March 2012 06:07
Tansy_Blue
Model

Maybe, I'm in that area of town and drinking with photographers is always fun.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

GMc Photography is off-lineSilver Member
06 March 2012 06:52
GMcPhotos
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Watford

I should be able to attend depending on other commitments. It will be good to meet other photographers and make contact with some local models.

Watford would be better for me (I will be able to hop on the bus), otherwise I can drive to Ricky.

Gary

06 March 2012 06:54
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Come to think of it, The Flag's damn-near perfect as Watford Junction's a tube station (I didn't know)

And you can see it in the background of this photo of the station on Wikipedia:

The Flag on Google Maps
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

06 March 2012 07:11
Tansy_Blue
Model

It is officially the Tansy_Blue is a naughty person test Tube station ever though, because special fares apply to get there and it's on the goddamned Overground, which I've never really understood the point of.

But I can drive now (huzzah!) so that's of only limited importance.

"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

GMc Photography is off-lineSilver Member
06 March 2012 07:14
GMcPhotos
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Watford

Don't trust Wiki! Once it had Watford twinned with Plynouth??

Watford Juction Station in on the main line between London and Birmingham, and is also served by London Overground (Watford - Euston)- trains run every 20 mins. There is a tube which stops at Watford Met which is over a 1 - 2 miles away. There is also a number of Buses which also stop here. You can use Oyster at either Watford Juntion or Watford Met.

Regards to parking at the station, it's not cheep, last time I parked at Watford Juction it cost me £7.

Cheepest pub in town will be the Moon under the Water or Lloyds Bar - the others are more pricy. Not sure about the flag, last time I had a drink in there was 1990.

That Guy is off-line
08 March 2012 17:58
lxstuart
Photographer
lxstuart
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Might pop by, depending on work and their ever moving goalposts.

Best bet would be somewhere on Watford highstreet. All night parking available in Gade car park, and walking distance from Watford Junction. Met line is probably walkable too, not sure how long it would take though.

Allan Marshall is off-line
08 March 2012 18:08
raven60
Photographer
raven60
Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Ha sounds good meeting up! with new faces!
You can always come to High Wycombe.
Free parking, not sure about cheap beer!

Have a wetherspoons pub, they are cheap i think.

Allan ~~

08 March 2012 18:21
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from raven60
You can always come to High Wycombe.

There's already a regular Wycombe meet in the pipeline, one was held a month ago and more are being discussed (it was very successful - out of ~22 people who said they'd come only 1 or 2 pulled out)

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah bonni_cuffs danixhale ElleLaura Satrina
bbphotos BOBREEVES clearview_photography david1500 dby47 eosfan hylander James7799 jpegster keltica peteb Photojames43 Reynard steveh32 swalsh58