09 April 2012 12:12
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from GemH
You've never worried about boring us before

Careful Missy, you're white wine may turn to vinegar.
Bob

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
09 April 2012 12:23
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from pmeswani
That could be a good location for a future meet up then.

It's a long time since we had a Purestorm Curry Night. I think the last one must have been about three years ago in Nottingham, when the sadly missed JaneWeiss was warming the forums up for Laylarc.

Red Chilli, ten minutes walk from Tower Gateway and just north of News International at Wapping, is sufficiently off the beaten track to be reasonably priced yet the menu offers some very interesting choices and it is usually reasonably busy with locals. However as it is a bit out of Central London I don't think it would be very popular for a networking meet.

Bob

Maddawg is off-line
09 April 2012 13:52
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

There is a Masala Zone near Covent Garden, how does that sound? Been there a few times and really like it.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
09 April 2012 14:10
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from pmeswani
 Masala Zone near Covent Garden, how does that sound?

Expensive!!!

If I was eating in that area I'd opt for Persian instead and go to the Simurgh. Even jitka, who is a head chef, rates that one and we have eaten there on our last two London trips.

It's probably best to start a seperate thread to see if anyone is actually interested in a networking meet in a restaurant. I suspect you may not get too many takers. Only about a dozen pitched up for the last one, which was held after a summer Sunday afternoon pub meet. Just about all attendees had worked with each other beforehand so there was only one stranger in the small group.
Bob

PS. It's unlikely that I will be in London much now until after the Olympics, so don't put my name on any list.

10 April 2012 02:00
GemH
Model

Quote from Bob
you're white wine

I'm not white wine

Re a restaurant meet, I wouldn't go unfortunately... I hate eating meals in front of people I don't know plus eating would get in the way of my inane rambling hahaha

Maddawg is off-line
10 April 2012 02:04
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

Quote from GemH

I'm not white wine

Re a restaurant meet, I wouldn't go unfortunately... I hate eating meals in front of people I don't know plus eating would get in the way of my inane rambling hahaha

So what wine are you then?

Regarding a restaurant idea, I may scrap the idea..... The pub idea sounds better. I'll start a new thread shortly for a new meet up.

Maddawg is off-line
10 April 2012 02:05
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

Quote from Bob
PS. It's unlikely that I will be in London much now until after the Olympics, so don't put my name on any list.

Damn.... you are on the top of the list Bob.

Applephoto is off-linePlatinum Member
10 April 2012 08:17
Andrew_Appleton
Photographer
Andrew_Appleton
Lincolnshire
London and Lincoln

Sorry for the late reply, only just got back home after 4 days of workshops. It was great to catch up with some old friends, and put faces to names. Sorry I didn't get round to talk to everyone and as always you meet a couple of people on the way out as you are rushing to get a train that it would have been good to talk to.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Andrew.
Photography training | workshops | one 2 one

Mike Riot is off-line
10 April 2012 09:46
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Depending on when the next one is, I may have to put my hand up and head on down
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

E45TY is off-lineSilver Member
28 April 2012 16:12
AnduinPhoto
Photographer
AnduinPhoto
London

Clearly, I have completely missed the opportunity to meet up with some Stormers.

When will the next meet up be?
Moderator Edii - see here:-
The Chandos, London - a reunion?!

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alphaking_89 Ashleighmckenzie Sophiasmith
alb2243 antoinewynn Beemer2009 criso1 david1500 daygo10 dby47 dhuntuk HarishPadalia Klp mghphoto MIB mike0048 mlp orca_photography Pellium PhilStorm photostevo Reynard smoking_allowed talldave68 theworkshopstudio