Does anyone knows how many members in total does Purestorm has

Laurence Power is off-line
02 March 2012 02:22
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

The important thing is not the number of memebers, but the number who have logged in within the last 12 months, my bet is that number is less than 25%

Laurence
Laurence J. Power

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
02 March 2012 02:29
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I would also like to know what the ratio of female to male models is and female to male photographers.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
02 March 2012 03:00
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from Chandos
Does anyone knows how many members in total does Purestorm has

Moderators don't know, and as Matt tends not to be stats-orientated we doubt if even he knows.

Quote from LaurenceJPower
The important thing is not the number of memebers, but the number who have logged in within the last 12 months

Matt does not consider frequency of logging in or percentages to be to be particularly important
but he has provided a Last Login date on every profile for those members who do.

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
I would also like to know what the ratio of female to male models is and female to male photographers.

Female to male Model ratios can be worked out by using the Search facility if anyone has the time.
No provision was made on the database for Photographers' gender so that one cannot be determined.
~~~~~~~~

Simon Chan is off-line
02 March 2012 03:57
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

About 4,000 members total?

alexkidd is off-line
02 March 2012 04:02
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

don't suppose the user id's are of any reflection?

being a recent one so maybe 225,000ish members?
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

WebModerator is a moderator
02 March 2012 05:02
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from alexkidd
don't suppose the user id's are of any reflection?

Correct. The database did not start at zero and has been reset a couple of times since late 2002.
A simple Search reveals just under 25,000 UK Model and 10,000 UK Photographer accounts.
(Above figures do not include Inactive / Pending / Suspended accounts, which do not show up in Search Results)

G Jack B is off-line
02 March 2012 05:31
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

A crude measure using search options is the number of models with 5+ feedback logged in since Jan 1st is about 1850 and number of togs with 1+ feedback is around 4500.
Which looks about right as the ratio of blue models names to red tog names logged in is always about 1:3 ish in the "whose logged on" list.
So (my guess of) active (eg working) live (eg logged in this year) members is around 6000..... all other members are still using the portfolio hosting facilities but just inactive on the site. .
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
02 March 2012 05:35
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I once worked out the number of models who were 5'8", size 6 or 8.
Took quite a long time.

I think it was over 1,000 in the UK on PS.

That was my fashion model list sorted.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Jay Sanderson is off-line
02 March 2012 06:33
JaySanderson
Photographer

Lancashire
Manchester

Just did a search for all UK based models, returns a total 24,432 profiles but that doesn't account for those who haven't logged in since 2007.

9920 UK photographer profiles, similarly includes abandoned profiles from 2007.

Can't be arsed doing it for the rest of the world, if someone else wants to and wants to save time, do a search by country, select a random page in the first set of results then in the address bar scroll to the end where it says start= followed by a number and randomly increment that number until you don't return a result. You'll figure it out.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dyce Levi_T Michelledefeo1 tangoed06
ayearepee bluesden Cheshunt83 cps david1500 Essexjohn Ginger21 kimsandman2 MIB peteb rscott360 stevegosh Steveh32