This thread is being watched by 2 people
Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
28 February 2012 02:14
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Great news hope you get well soon I am hoping to be down in Bournemouth later in the year will message you for a shoot if you are interested.

Belfast Adult is off-line
28 February 2012 08:44
Belfast_Adult
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Antrim
Belfast

Get well soon

Pontius584 is off-line
29 February 2012 15:18
pontius584
Photographer
pontius584
Clwyd

Very pleased about your good news, Jodie. Pete
"The camera never lies" - but PhotoShop does!

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
29 February 2012 17:31
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Hope the procedure goes well and I'm glad you had the positive news that it won't require more treatment.

My future father-in-law had a malingnant melanoma behind his ear last summer and had the equivalent of a lumpectory (I.e. the mass and the area around it is removed with no further treatment). He's had no problems since.

I'm pleased you posted this though as no harm can come from a reminder of the dangers of UV rays. My grandad died from skin cancer spreading, solely from years of gardening in the summer months without any SPF protection.

Jodi Lou is off-line
08 March 2012 11:05
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

Hey all

Got the results back and I do have very early stage melanoma. The docs have told me it has been completely removed and no further treatment required, however, they are now focusing on a second mole they believe to be severely dysplastic which means turning into a melanoma. So this is getting removed on Tuesday.

I just wanted to say thanks once again for all your support. Ive never been through anything like this in my life and I have been totally out of synch the past 2 weeks. However I am determined to continue modeling. Hopefully this wont put anyone off working with me. :-)
xxx

08 March 2012 11:16
River
Model

Hi lovely,

I've only just seen this post and would like to wish you the best of luck in your recovery! How inspirational for you to be going through this yet staying positive. There *will* be people who might be put off working with you because of the scars (even though they wont be huge and will fade in time!), but that's their loss. You've shown you are a dedicated, mature minded model who is willing to keep doing something you love even after going through such a traumatic event.
I recently had a cancer scare after an abnormal smear...thankfully it turned out to only require a small amount of treatment and I'm now in the clear. I hope everything works out well for you.
If you ever need anyone to talk to, or just have a girly chat with, feel free to send me a message.
Chin up chick, I better be seeing some new modelling pics from you in the future!
River x
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Mike Riot is off-line
08 March 2012 11:16
MikeRiot
Photographer
MikeRiot
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

I only echo all the kind words which have been dished out by everyone here.
I'm glad that you are still determined to continue modelling and one day I would love to work with you myself.

Stay strong, stay positive and keep doing what you love doing
x
"Mike - The riot even the Kaiser Chiefs didnt predict" - clearview_photography

Kirsty loo is off-line
08 March 2012 11:36
Kirstyloo
Model

Merseyside
Wirral

I was diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia so I know how u must feel I had per cancerouse cells removed of my cervix and have to have a smear every 6 months and am on 23 and should not have to get one til am 25 but needs must hope everything goes well for you keep smiling xxxx

toast is off-line
08 March 2012 14:26
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

That's excellent news Jodie, glad its going well and you still seem fairly chipper. All the best for the mole

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sarah75
fineartbysimon photofrank Thestarglider Willjamieson