Reminder Secure

Cancelled booking due to Stretch Marks???

This thread is being watched by 9 people
25 February 2012 06:56
kandikay2011
Model
This member has been suspended

Okay, so I never normally write in these forums..
But this really did grind my gears.

So I had this photographer contact me for a shoot.
We went through 'my ideas' and what style , look and levels we were going to do and acheive.
Anyway, we had planned it all down to a tee.
Oh and the fact it was in a nice little travelodge hotel too!
Times etc and arrangedf it for when I finish my Tv work in London.
And everything was booked.

The next day, I open a message and its the photographer.
It said, ; I am sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel as I've only just read your profile notes re: stretchmarks.
Now that's fair enough that he doesn't want to shoot because of that.
I've never had a problem with it and neither have any previous photographers I have worked with.

I've taken it on the chin and just dismissed it.
Okay, so am I making a fuss out of nothing?
I am I right to take offence?

Come on guys let me know your views

Kaylaa xx

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
25 February 2012 07:02
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Blimey snappers don`t read profiles properly to.

TarMoo is off-line
25 February 2012 07:09
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Maybe you need a shot on your profile so photographers can make a better assessment of the marks, e.g.

Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Profile Pictures is off-line
25 February 2012 07:11
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I've never really seen stretch marks as ugly really, but equally not something sought
Out in modelling terms. You do mention them in your notes so it's unreasonable of the photographer to go so far with
The arrangement before jumping out. Fair enough that you're grumpy.

I did notice a G/G pic on your port here where a lady has stretch marks and a really bad tan, I can't see that one being a good selling point for you, though you're obviously getting work.

25 February 2012 07:12
kandikay2011
Model

Tell me about it, I think it's highly important to read peoples profiles and more important for models to state everything that togs need to know. Tattoos, marks etc. I mean for an adult solo shoot it doesn't really matter as long as you fit the criteria.
People that have had me published haven't moaned about it and to be fair half my photos aren't edited anyway and the stretch marks are barely visable.

I can take constructive critism , as it helps in this industry.
But I think that just takes the biscuit especially when its someone that does it for fun xx

25 February 2012 07:18
kandikay2011
Model

Yeah I understand what you mean abouthaving a shot like that. But I do have unedited samples of my body to show people what I look like.
And if they request them,
I'm happy to send them.
It's never ever stopped me getting work.

Xx

KRISSB is off-lineGold Member
25 February 2012 08:14
krissB
Photographer
krissB
Worcestershire
malvern

WELL I DO ADMIRE YOUR B***SGOT our shoot photo's to the pc and decided to dump the lot,not only because of the horrific amount of stretch marks,but bruises and extra weig ht also It's a shame because you have a great look and a very good attitude to be a very successful glamour /adult model with a good earning potential.This post should slow things down a little so take a little time ou to sort  yourself out a bit.Good luck for the future.Chris
Rule1/respect the model-the model will respect you

Frank Sinnott is off-line
25 February 2012 08:18
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I've looked at your profile just the pics and you do have some showing the evil vile stretch marks LOL. I've seen worse and yours from what I see are by no means terrible. Certainly some editing would sort them relatively quickly.
I get the feeling the photographer found another model that he preferred though he should have checked your profile more closely and not lead you down the garden path.

I would say take it on the chin and move on and don't take offence for your own sake. It's not worth it the guy sounds like a waster if indeed a photographer at all.

25 February 2012 08:20
Vikki_Leigh
Model

I think it's disgraceful! Should of read your profile in the first place before even planning a shoot! People are so lazy! All good photographers usually use some sort of editing software anyway. Stretchmarks are womanly in my view! x
Don't Be Pushed By Your Problems, Be Lead By Your Dreams

25 February 2012 08:25
Nympheae
Model

I'm afraid you have to get used to the fact that some "photographers" don't read model's profiles before contacting them.
I once had one cancelling a shoot and telling me off for not making it clear that I bring my assistant along. I pointed him to my profile page that clearly states this fact since I started modelling and advised he should have gone to specsavers.
Would you really want to work with someone who can't even be asked to read your profile notes?
Life is too short for timewasters, bear in mind for future reference and move on frown
kiss
~ Don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham Gothic_Kitty sarahjane1
act1on D_H_P Dalesdesigns Dave@studio99 digimarx djb1 kimsandman2 laurencejpower lukaszmarcinkowski nickdandalos Roundhouse rscott360 tonycsm whitehammerclarke