elliotte is off-line
24 February 2012 08:46
elliotte
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

East Sussex
Eastbourne/London/liverpool

Hi can someone tell me do u get ur images on day of shoot all retouched or do the photographers usually post them to u? X

Shawn Barker is off-line
24 February 2012 08:56
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

HI - it depends upon the photographer involved, but retouching can take from a few minutes to a few hours per image, so best to be a bit patient. In general (but not always) those that offer the files straight out of camera at the end of a shoot are working to a lower standard of image.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
24 February 2012 10:11
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I wouldn't want to provide images as quick as that day, or the next day for that matter! I had years of shooting slides/prints before the advent of digital and if there was a slightly wonky horizon, a fly landed on the model's arm, or I noticed a discarded cigarette packet in the background, (location shoots obviously), there was nothing much I could do about it. Now however, with digital imaging, I can, so every image is inspected and adjusted to get the very best out of it, but of course it takes time. For a simple shoot, I'd ask for a week or so. The results make it worth the wait. Think there may be more to your post than you're saying, has someone not provided you with images as promised?

Ian Payne is off-line
24 February 2012 10:27
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

My retouching takes anywhere from 1-3 hours per image, i'll begin retouching anywhere from the next day to the next week, will usually do 1 -2 images per day on the days i'm not working and email them seperatly as and when each edit is comeplete.

If someone promises to provide you with retouched images on the day, be concerned.

Ian

elliotte is off-line
24 February 2012 12:15
elliotte
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

East Sussex
Eastbourne/London/liverpool

Thanks everyone. No no I haven't been promised anything I haven't received I was just curious as I've only ever done 1 tfp shoot in the past. Thanks again xx

Spike is off-line
24 February 2012 12:22
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Never get a chance to do edits on the same day, occasionally have given a set of low res un edited proofs.

Normally I aim to get edited images to the model in 2 - 4 weeks from the shoot,

Whatever it is I discuss & agree the number of images & timeframe before the shoot.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
24 February 2012 16:34
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Quote from elliotte
Thanks everyone. No no I haven't been promised anything I haven't received I was just curious as I've only ever done 1 tfp shoot in the past. Thanks again xx

Usually depends on the Photographer, usually a week but can be longer if I am busy, but I always tell models paid work takes priority and usually mail them a couple of pics within a day or two to give them an idea of what they are liable to expect.

P.S. if you ever want to do any TF work with me please let me know.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 jefflynne Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley