22 February 2012 08:53
inspired
Photographer
inspired
Surrey
Shepperton

I have got a tearsheet of sorts.....

shot as a favour for the lovely Ella on here to promote her new doggy business

Before anyone asks.....I waived my fee...but yes she was paid for it!
I suspect models will be flocking to me....now I'm publishedwinkblushsurprise

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
22 February 2012 09:15
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Love it! Well done

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
22 February 2012 13:05
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Well done mate. Hope she got some leads from this story
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Moi is off-line
22 February 2012 13:34
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Well done - its the dogs bollox surprise

Must be nice to be pug lished

The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Paul Jobes is off-line
22 February 2012 13:35
Jobe
Photographer
Jobe
County Durham

Congrats
If only you could see... www.eyesofjobe.com

Paul Turney is off-line
23 February 2012 05:01
inspired
Photographer
inspired
Surrey
Shepperton

Thanks people...any more dog puns?....Schnauzer chance smiley

KT101 is off-line
23 February 2012 05:18
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

Don't got a doggy pun but well done matey.
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

OldMaster is off-line
23 February 2012 05:52
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

"We started selling doggy clothes on line".....

I am sorry, call me old fashioned (!) but as a weekend dog photographer...(over 75 in one day last Saturday), it is certainly the case that people still seem to be able to spend on their pets, even in these times of austerity..

And there are certainly enough chavs out their that relish the opportunity to dress their dog up...so, good luck with the business but I must say I feel a little nauseous...

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
23 February 2012 11:06
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from OldMaster
"We started selling doggy clothes on line"..... I am sorry, call me old fashioned (!) but as a weekend dog photographer...(over 75 in one day last Saturday), it is certainly the case that people still seem to be able to spend on their pets, even in these times of austerity.. And there are certainly enough chavs out their that relish the opportunity to dress their dog up...so, good luck with the business but I must say I feel a little nauseous...

Oh dear... There's always one eh? You have clearly commented upon a few subjects here that you are not TOO well read up on, so allow me to educate you briefly -

1) Being a, 'weekend dog photographer' carries absolutely no weight whatsoever, and is a severe flaw in your apparent argument / rant as attempting to suggest you are an authority on the subject. Far from it actually, as i am assured from your latter ramblings.

2) Articles in these publications are written by a journalist after hearing your story, and as with all media is then exaggerated just a touch for the article and for the reader and type of audience for this.

3) Companion dogs - Chihuahuas/Pugs for example - are bred first and foremost to be lapdogs, they are not hounds or terriers that are bred to work and be outside. They are bred - in brief - to sit nice and warm on your lap. As a result, in winter, or on a particularly cold evening, or even in the house at times with ours, they feel the cold very quickly - generally speaking - Thus, 'dressing them up' is actually quite necessary at times!

4) Not that i have to explain myself - particularly to you - but our business sells coats, jumpers, leads, harnesses (kinder and more supportive for dogs than a collar in most cases), toys, handbaked treats and much more... Thus i would absolutely LOVE for you to suggest to me what is so cruel in in amongst this list? Come to think of it, you don't actually have any idea of what the business sells at all do you? So again, your wafflings are completely redundant until you are fully aware.

Lastly, i do not take at ALL kindly to it being insinuated that i - or any of my customers for that matter - are, 'chavs'. So i may suggest that you kindly reel it in a tad.. And when the day comes that you understand the above topics fully, i will happily communicate with you via PM or on the phone, as not to take away from and derail Paul's success thread.

Paul - You already know this but this is awesome, and we love you for it! cheeky
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

23 February 2012 11:25
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Only chavs dress dogs up?

Wow, my 85 year old grandmothers a chav! Can i get, like, a burberry zimmer frame for her?

but also:

Well done! I have to ask - is it me or do those two pugs have only one eye each?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mike_h