Reminder Secure

Best places to tour?

RubyRosetta is off-line
21 February 2012 10:18
RubyRosetta
Model
RubyRosetta
Derbyshire

I have noticed recently that whenever I visit different areas of the UK and look for modelling work, the amount of interest I get varies dramatically depending on the place. Scotland is usually pretty awesome, possibly because Scottish photographers try and take full advantage whenever England based models visit. And I'm currently planning a trip to Kent...have only put one casting call up for this but have had a surprising amount of interest in a short space of time.

There are other areas which have seemed significantly less fruitful when looking for work. Could this be that, for reasons unknown, (or known), there are just less people who do photography as a serious hobby or profession in certain areas? Or does it have something to do with the speciic kind of model that I am? I used to visit the Newcastle area a lot, and whilst I did get work in that area, it wasn't particularly consistent, possibly because glamour girls are more sought after in that area?

Models: what are your experiences regarding this? Are there 'hotspots' where you often find work? Or is it just luck of the draw/being in the right place at the right time?

Ruby

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
21 February 2012 11:53
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

I've found it really random - put up a casting call saying I was coming to London for the weekend in two weeks' time, zero response. Put the same casting up on the Friday night and get like 9 replies There doesn't seem to be much going on in the south west, no idea if it's because of the population or what, but there seems to be a lot more work in the north west in comparison.

KHV is off-line
21 February 2012 12:38
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I bet Afhganistan, and in particular Bagrham would be profitable................

Belfast Adult is off-line
22 February 2012 05:46
Belfast_Adult
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Antrim
Belfast

What about the four capitals in the UK? That should give plenty of coverage for photographers?

22 February 2012 20:45
alice_g
Model

If your going to Kent you'll get a tremendous amount of work there. I have a model weekend there and the 12 hours on each day got booked up completely in a couple of hours. I've had to lengthen my stay as there's been so much interest. Your much better than me so I can imagine you'll be inundated with people wanting to shoot you there :-) message metropolitanfox about doing a model day at his cottage in maidstone. Have fun :-) x
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

TarMoo is off-line
23 February 2012 01:50
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from alice_g
If your going to Kent you'll get a tremendous amount of work there. I have a model weekend there and the 12 hours on each day got booked up completely in a couple of hours. I've had to lengthen my stay as there's been so much interest. Your much better than me so I can imagine you'll be inundated with people wanting to shoot you there :-) message metropolitanfox about doing a model day at his cottage in maidstone. Have fun :-) x

Tim's Cottage near Maidstone has been used for quite a few models who are touring the South East. Models often do get a lot of bookings there because the cost of doing a shoot there is very low and the location is quite interesting if you looking for a non-studio type of location. e.g.

Ruby is staying and shooting from there March 26-30.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Fizzy is off-line
23 February 2012 07:04
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Yeah, I found Kent really good too. I also find Scotland really good, am hoping to be back there in May and tour Elgin/Aberdeen as well as the central areas. Cheltenham is good for me as I have a couple of regulars there and it's close to Devon/Cornwall, where I might pick up a shoot or two and Somerset.

I find London absolutely dreadful for work. No idea why.

Some of it's luck though. I have two really packed days when I'm staying with you and then four empty days because everyone who wants to shoot me is waiting to find out their shifts for work :/

Art nude model - £35ph

RubyRosetta is off-line
23 February 2012 07:37
RubyRosetta
Model
RubyRosetta
Derbyshire

Quote from alice_g

Aww, thanks.... and yes, I am staying in Tim's cottage. It looks fantastic and I dare say this has opened up my shooting options. I do find that I am usually let down looking for work when I'm unable to provide a location. I do wish I had travelled to Kent sooner. Anyway, I had decided to just be more proactive with travelling, kind of like I was when I first started modelling. I seemed to travel all over the place and then needed a breather.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
michellehush
Davie46 gerry99111 gwentman James7799 rscott360 thelynchfella tonycsm