Jodi Lou is off-line
21 February 2012 11:11
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

Quote from Vas
There are some people who just have profiles here but never actually book work from the site (weird, I know), so it's possible you've just been stumbling on those. There are also some photographers who will only take commissioned work from commercial clients since they don't have time for model portfolios (I've come across a few like that myself, and it's really frustrating).

Have you tried emailing with a specific date instead of asking for general availability? It can get conversations going faster. Without knowing what kinds of photographers you're emailing it's difficult to give any specific advice. If you're emailing fashion/commercial photographers, it's possible you're not getting a response because you're not suitable for that kind of work.

No, it has been glamour photographers, and ones that are based in different parts of the UK as I travelling in the spring and summer and am able to shoot at different places rather than the south west and London. I am starting to think that perhaps they dont take bookings via purestorm, as they also have their own website, so maybe its better to contact them through that instead. Just a bit strange that they say 'message me for more info/rates/availability' and then dont reply.

Jodi Lou is off-line
21 February 2012 11:15
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

Quote from ajocelot
I think that it is not photographers but people. Some people forget, some people cannot be bothered, some people just delete mails, some people read them with the aim of getting back to it later etc... . In fact you still have got something to reply to me, but I assumed what I wrote to you was not of interest and therefore I moved on.... It is disappointing however when people do not reply but it happens :-)

Hey, well thats made me look a bit of a twit! Seriously though, I am aware of your last message and that you have some time off in March to hopefully shoot. Im just waiting on my normal job to let me know of my hours in that time you stated, and then was going to get back to you. I wasnt ignoring you I promise

ajocelot is off-line
21 February 2012 11:40
ajocelot
Photographer

Berkshire
Wokignham

Sorry, just could not resist, this is the cheeky side of me. No problem, let me know when you know.

To get back to the OP, I think that many people are not polite anymore (do not acknowledge), some think it is OK to ignore. Also, some people get a ton of e-mail and do not know how to manage. Having said that, if youa re offering to pay someone, is silly for them to ignore (whether theya re togs, models, etc..), they must be rich! :-)

21 February 2012 13:34
andybramahphotograph
Photographer

i get the "i love your work and would like to work with you" numerous times a week.
i always reply but never get the courtesy of a reply.
i dont let it bother me-its people.
regards-andy bramah.
www.photographerpreston.com
i love faces and images that make me want to see more.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
21 February 2012 19:04
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from jodieF
Why do some photographers write in their bio 'please feel free to contact me regarding rates and availability' and then never respond to your message when you do?

It can be a bit disappointing and inconvenient not to get a response from someone, but it's just one of those things. You can't always be sure what the circumstances are and I don't think it's possible to assume it is always rudeness, or always deliberate, or any particular thing. Sometimes people are away, or very busy, maybe get behind on correspondence, maybe don't reply to some of it whether by choice or by disorganisation. Maybe they just don't respond to every unsolicited approach they receive — some do, some don't. They might think your message sucks; they might think it is is interesting and mentally mark it as "pending" but then accidentally never get round to follow it up.

Too many variables to try to see a single pattern, and always other opportunities for you around the corner.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Belfast Adult is off-line
22 February 2012 05:45
Belfast_Adult
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Antrim
Belfast

Jodie, there are plenty of people keen to work with you im sure...

I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are looking to travel about the UK, I'd still love to fly you over.

Miss Distania is off-line
24 February 2012 05:56
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

I too offered to pay a photographer for a portfolio and they did not get back to me either which i thought was strange, but there are plenty more good photographers out there who will x

Rus Turner is off-line
24 February 2012 06:15
Rus_Turner
Photographer
Rus_Turner
Hampshire
Southampton

Lol....You never asked me for my rates and availability

Hope you're well x
Note to self: ALWAYS remember that many people on forums are too DUMB to understand discussive argument without ONLY hearing what they want to hear!..LOL

Rus Turner is off-line
24 February 2012 06:18
Rus_Turner
Photographer
Rus_Turner
Hampshire
Southampton

Quote from andybramahphotograph
i get the "i love your work and would like to work with you" numerous times a week.
i always reply but never get the courtesy of a reply.
i dont let it bother me-its people.
regards-andy bramah.
www.photographerpreston.com

+1
Note to self: ALWAYS remember that many people on forums are too DUMB to understand discussive argument without ONLY hearing what they want to hear!..LOL

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
skykantara1
ad360photo bbphotos colinpierce Dalesdesigns djb1 firsttake jeanm kimsandman2 oldbloke philippahh rscott360 Scotography SMILESPHOTO Sp_digital zzdigital