Ignorant People......

Jodi Lou is off-line
21 February 2012 08:28
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

Why do some photographers write in their bio 'please feel free to contact me regarding rates and availability' and then never respond to your message when you do?
It really gets my goat.......can hardly call themselves professional when they cant be assed to respond.
Sorry, rant over!!

21 February 2012 08:34
Socialdisaster
Photographer

For the same reason models don't read CC's properly, don't reply to emails, don't read what you've written, don't...

I could go on, but my point is, it's not photographers. It's people.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

21 February 2012 08:36
Vas
Model

What does this have to do with ignorance?

Ian Payne is off-line
21 February 2012 08:36
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

I imagine they mean their rates and availability, not yours

Not responding probably due to you giving them your rates

Ian

21 February 2012 08:39
barone
Photographer

Amatures...Amatrues...bugger. Amateurs!

Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Spike is off-line
21 February 2012 08:39
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

If you contacted them with YOUR rates & availability, when they may have meant in their bio, you could contact them for THEIR rates & availability should you want to pay them to shoot you. Most "professional" photographers only shoot if someone is paying them.

QED they would treat your unsolicited approach as spam & ignore it.

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Jodi Lou is off-line
21 February 2012 08:47
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

No its ME asking them for THEIR rates and availability! I would understand if it was the other way round.
What does this have to do with ignorance? Well, opening a message to someone asking you a question, and blatantly ignoring it, is ignorance. Especially if they say 'please message me for more info/rates/availability'.

21 February 2012 08:54
Vas
Model

No, it really isn't.

ig·no·rance
[ig-ner-uhns]
noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Belfast Adult is off-line
21 February 2012 09:20
Belfast_Adult
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Antrim
Belfast

Hi Jodie, not much you can do. Not everyone replies to messages. I would say we all get it.

Find another person suitable .

Jodi Lou is off-line
21 February 2012 09:54
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Dorset
Weymouth/Travel UK Wide

Two definitions:

1. Ignorant: to be unaware of something---to not have knowledge on a certain topic---to fear or misunderstand something one knows little or nothing about.

2. Ignorant: To be rude, tactless, or purposely obtuse

I was actually talking about the number two type. I have come on here asking why some photographers choose to IGNORE messages from potential clients, I have not asked for an english lesson thanks. Please, if you cant answer the question with anything then please dont answer at all. Its so obvious you are trying to make others look silly.

Thanks

xxx

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura mandymack MissCaraJane
BrianE Dave@studio99 GSC4X PTw2018 rscott360 splitsecondphotography1 supernova