Reminder Secure

Models- How do YOU stay in shape?

This thread is being watched by 3 people
20 February 2012 17:15
River
Model

Hi all,

I joined the gym after xmas, mainly to become more fit and tone up. But until last week, when my boyfriend (who regularly works out and is very fit), joined me in a session, i was told I wasnt 'pushing myself hard enough' to get results (which I guess is true, ive got a pretty flat stomach but no definition yet!) Im not in bad shape as it is but would like more defined abs and more shapely arms. Ive been shown now how to make the most out of my gym sessions, but would like to know (particularly from nude/lingerie models)- how do you keep in shape? Q
What sports/exercises do you do to stay toned?

River
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
20 February 2012 17:35
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Hello lovely Not sure if I should answer this because I'm a gym nut, and not a normal person. Thrice weekly I do an exercise class before uni, also pole and belly dance, as well as latin and ballroom competition classes (I go to social class as well, because I'm cool like that) and go to salsa when I can about once a fortnight. I occasionally do 8 minute abs when I remember about once a week (youtube it) but I'm trying to exercise more because I'm been a lump lately, would like to go back to zumba and ballet I don't eat meat and cook a lot of mushroom and onion omelettes, and just realised I don't really eat carbs. I'm a dreadful cook so I definitely need to sort it. Are you doing cardio at the gym, or resistance work as well? To get stronger you would need to lift. I don't lift any more because I find it intimidating at my new gym, there's no women's section and it's always really busy/full of rugby boys.

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
20 February 2012 18:14
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I go for long walks 4/5 times per week; usually after coming off a night shift or before starting work at 8am. I'm far too busy now to fit in any classes or gym time. I try to eat healthily and if I cave or have a treat like a meal out or takeaway I restrict the next day, sticking to fruit, veg and pulses.

If I'm desperate to lose weight for any reason I do the maple tree syrup diet for a few days before the event.

I'm a tea weirdo but I drink around 10 cups per day (with skim milk) and I think that helps me cut down on my food intake as my stomach is full of liquid!

Hazel Ashton is off-line
20 February 2012 19:25
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from melrobson02
I go for long walks 4/5 times per week; usually after coming off a night shift or before starting work at 8am. I'm far too busy now to fit in any classes or gym time. I try to eat healthily and if I cave or have a treat like a meal out or takeaway I restrict the next day, sticking to fruit, veg and pulses. If I'm desperate to lose weight for any reason I do the maple tree syrup diet for a few days before the event. I'm a tea weirdo but I drink around 10 cups per day (with skim milk) and I think that helps me cut down on my food intake as my stomach is full of liquid!

I do this! I abolutely love tea! Best thing is to find a sport you enjoy, I love trampolining so I do that once a week and go on little walks, there is no time in a day to be in a gym 4 - 5 times a week plus the expense! 

Try to make your day as active as possible for example I work in an office Monday - Friday 9 - 5/10 - 6 and I drive both to and from, I park about a 5/10 minute walk away from work and have a always had a habit of running up stairs ... we have no lift in our office!

Now things are looking settled in my new job and the weather is picking up a bit I am going to start doing more walks on weekends with my partner :-)
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2012 19:59
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Caffeine is an appetite suppressant, so apparently if you drink seven cups or more of tea a day it will make you eat less!
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

20 February 2012 20:17
Lisaliz
Model

Do whatever gives you joy. I love sport and would happily play tennis all day every day. Dancing gives me a big buzz too, plus long runs along the seafront.

21 February 2012 02:58
Jody_Maginnis
Model

I am a Generaly active person, i dont do much runninng  anymore infact zero running as i have burstitis in my hip. But ive started doing alot of playing about with dumbells and use the hula hoop. I also do various types of stomach exercises like crunches situps and  also squats, planks, etc.
I have attached and image of how i look now and i achieved this prob with in two weeks. My body is good that way any form of exercise and i seem to get muscles.
I would like to add bit more muscle to my body but not bulky slim but defined. As would like to try Fitness modelling

21 February 2012 03:26
River
Model

Thankyou ladies! Although I feel like a couch potato compared to you all... I drink green tea only and usually have 4-5 cups a day. Id love to get to the gym more but im in the middle of nowhere and its an 18 mile trip there and back!
I go to the gym twice a week, typically spending 15 mins on the cross trainer, using weight on my arms and doing sit ups in between. I also use the rowing machine quite a bit.
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

21 February 2012 03:27
River
Model

Jody- be my personal trainer? Lol

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2012 05:13
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Happy Pancake Day! Only don't eat too many!!

Walking. (Improves stamina too).

Plenty of fresh air walking.

Country walks, coastal walks.

Healthy diet. Only drink green tea. Love beetroot juice too. Lots of Spring water for a clear complexion.

Keep happy.smiley

Anybody want to buy a Cross Trainer Exercise Bike?...I never use it, guess that's why it's 'cross'...surprise
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
drew1299 ellessephotography