This thread is being watched by 1 person
SuzyLaura is off-line
20 February 2012 08:49
SuzyLaura
Model

Hampshire
southampton

Hello,

I have some outside fashion shoots booked this week and i don't know what to wear, I don't want look too casual and boring. I am based near an marina with yachts, so i was thinking perhaps a smart dress with heels and a biker jacket? and maybe woodland shoot i could wear my biker boots a nice top a parka coat.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

fleeting glimpses is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2012 08:51
camerawerks
Photographer
camerawerks
Essex

Have you asked the photographer you'll be working with yet?
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

20 February 2012 09:00
Socialdisaster
Photographer

If it's a fashion shoot shouldn't a fashion... um, person... be providing the um... fashion?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

SuzyLaura is off-line
20 February 2012 09:19
SuzyLaura
Model

Hampshire
southampton

oh sorry my bad maybe i should of been a little clearer, its a general outside shoot, i was hoping to hear from models about what sort of outfits they would wear! didn't realise togs could offer advise here too!

ajc07977 (Andrew) is off-line
20 February 2012 09:30
ajc07977
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
ajc07977
Suffolk
Ipswich

Quote from SuzyLaura
Hello, I have some outside fashion shoots booked this week and i don't know what to wear, I don't want look too casual and boring. I am based near an marina with yachts, so i was thinking perhaps a smart dress with heels and a biker jacket? and maybe woodland shoot i could wear my biker boots a nice top a parka coat. Any ideas would be great Thanks

Your mix of items sounds like a car crash ... or should that be a bike crash ??

Do not try to mix up classy and trashy  n naff  (and GWC-fodder).

Then again ... if anyone is having to tell you this 
www.ajcphotography.com

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2012 09:37
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Sounds like the biker boots would go better with biker jacket

Matt Harper is off-line
20 February 2012 09:42
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

The options are endless, at a marina, you can go with the theme, maybe a horizontal striped T shirt and a cheap sailor cap (around a fiver), with shorts or leggings. If you only want half length shots, what you have on the bottom doesn't matter.
Do the posh look, do the tarty look, it really is up to you and the photographer. As I said, go with the theme or oppose it.

A fashion shoot is a loose term. Jeans and T mattharper is a naughty person s are referred to as casual but I can think or little less fashionable than a pair of jeans. The fashion boffins on here will tell you that fashion is not fashionable, but "high fashion" and to me, that is clothes hardly anyone wears in reality, which makes it far from fashion to a t**t like me.

You can mix a posh dress with a biker jacket, there are no rules, but treat that as an extra shot, besides, the jacket will be handy this time of year. This doesn't, in my mind, make it GWC fodder at all.

Only you know who the photographer is so look at what he has done well and maybe work along those themes as you are more likely to get good results.
If you ask a photographer to do a style and it isn't something he or she has done or done well, you are more likely to be disappointed with the results.

SuzyLaura is off-line
20 February 2012 09:49
SuzyLaura
Model

Hampshire
southampton

I will wear what i feel comfortable in and i can assure i do not dress trashy! biker jackets are very in fashion at the moment!

ajc07977 (Andrew) is off-line
20 February 2012 09:50
ajc07977
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
ajc07977
Suffolk
Ipswich

Quote from mattharper
The options are endless, at a marina, you can go with the theme, maybe a horizontal striped T shirt and a cheap sailor cap (around a fiver), with shorts or leggings. If you only want half length shots, what you have on the bottom doesn't matter. Do the posh look, do the tarty look, it really is up to you and the photographer. As I said, go with the theme or oppose it. A fashion shoot is a loose term. Jeans and T ajc07977 is a naughty person s are referred to as casual but I can think or little less fashionable than a pair of jeans. The fashion boffins on here will tell you that fashion is not fashionable, but "high fashion" and to me, that is clothes hardly anyone wears in reality, which makes it far from fashion to a t**t like me. You can mix a posh dress with a biker jacket, there are no rules, but treat that as an extra shot, besides, the jacket will be handy this time of year. This doesn't, in my mind, make it GWC fodder at all. Only you know who the photographer is so look at what he has done well and maybe work along those themes as you are more likely to get good results. If you ask a photographer to do a style and it isn't something he or she has done or done well, you are more likely to be disappointed with the results.

I'm all with you here cheeky

I just had visions of a 'result' that is not 'one theme or another' ... and EITHER the model or photographer should hopefully have some SIMPLE themes that are easy and low-maintenance (yet very effective).

www.ajcphotography.com

SuzyLaura is off-line
20 February 2012 10:02
SuzyLaura
Model

Hampshire
southampton

Just to be clearer biker boots as in black boots not actually real motorbiking wear or leathers!

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye Samanthajane4
Andy_B Auctioneer eosfan Harley msmith_tog PDCPhotos rscott360