Reminder Secure

Foundation, Help

This thread is being watched by 2 people
09 February 2012 08:14
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Ok i have used the same foundation for years both for everyday and modelling, Rimmel recover anti fatigue in True nude.  I ran out of it last week,so when i went into boots i realised it wasn't there but came across what i thought was it just a new design of the bottle called Wake me up anti fatigue in True Nude. But after using it i realised it made me look yellow and cakey  not a good look. So i thought i would nip in to superdrug to see if they had the one i need. She said they have discontinued it.  So she reccomended loreal  True match liquid foundation in rose beige.It looks dry  and powdery on makes my skin feel dry.  Im used to the natural dewy look
I feel like im wasting  money on foundation that doesn't suit my skin.

Can anyone help or reccomend a foundation that is similar to Rimmels Recover antifatigue True nude foundation. Or has anyone used this one and what foundation are you using now. ive tried ebay but dont have my colour only sand and nude.
As much as  i like looking au naturale its not a good look everyday.

RoxieLove is off-line
09 February 2012 09:05
Roxie_Loves_Em
Model
Roxie_Loves_Em
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Cant help with an alternative but have you tried looking on ebay?
I use a face powder which was discontinued a while back but still manage to pick it up on ebay

Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
12 February 2012 17:06
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

I used to use Rimmel Recover in Ivory, so I too got annoyed when I couldn't find it an more!  I replaced it with Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in True Ivory, which is pretty much exactly the same colour.  The coverage is also just as good and it feels the same going on - the only difference is that it doesn't have the slight shimmer to it that Recover had.  If I were you I'd check it ot and see if the equivalent of your old shade is close enough for your liking, and stick to a brand you know works well for you x
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

Paul Murphy is off-line
13 February 2012 06:17
Paul1666
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Google is your friend http://www.echemist.co.uk/p-rimmel-lasting-finish-25hr-foundation?metrics=aw&sv=18353&affsource=aw&awc=2734_1329128102_abdcf8d3401d6dadaa6a76f2fe0c0090

Good luck

Paul

13 February 2012 07:50
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Quote from Paul1666
Google is your friend http://www.echemist.co.uk/p-rimmel-lasting-finish-25hr-foundation?metrics=aw&sv=18353&affsource=aw&awc=2734_1329128102_abdcf8d3401d6dadaa6a76f2fe0c0090 Good luck Paul

Hi

this foundation is not suitable ive tried most rimmel foundation. and the one that suited my skin and didnt look cakey or leave tide lines around my chin was the Recover Foundation. which gives your skin dewy looking affect rather than dry and powdery.

13 February 2012 07:56
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Quote from Fleur_du_Mal
I used to use Rimmel Recover in Ivory, so I too got annoyed when I couldn't find it an more!  I replaced it with Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in True Ivory, which is pretty much exactly the same colour.  The coverage is also just as good and it feels the same going on - the only difference is that it doesn't have the slight shimmer to it that Recover had.  If I were you I'd check it ot and see if the equivalent of your old shade is close enough for your liking, and stick to a brand you know works well for you x

As ive tried most rimmel foundation i felt the Recover was the only one that suited my skin. Hence the reason i bought Rimmel wake me up as i thought it was the same as the Recover one, Same colour True Nude. But its different as looks yellow and cakey and my face feels dry and tight.

Im going to try Bobbi brown Luminous moisturising foundation. Off to debenhams later on.

Thanks for the help.x

Jo-Louise is off-line
18 February 2012 09:06
Jo_Louise
Model
Jo_Louise
Dorset
Bournemouth

Hey hun, i have a few different foundations i use for different occasions (i use a heavier one for shoots so it doesn't melt off and stays put under the heat of the lights etc and lighter or just a tinted moisturiser for just daytime wear or if if im going out etc)

The ones i can definitely reccommend are MAC studio fix foundation... i use it in NC15 shade which is ivory almost, and the lightest shade, it goes on really nicely and doesnt look or feel cakey or dry..

Soap & Glory in Boots have started doing make-up and i tried one of their foundations..its called ' Show Good Face'  and it's awesome, it's a 2 in 1 foundation and primer,  it goes on really smoothly and feels really light, it gives a dewy bright flawless finish and has  SPF15 in it too, its one of the best foundations ive used alongside MAC in a while and definitely would reccommend it...it goes on really smooth and gives a natural finish and is moisturising so feels nice on your skin too..

and another fave i would 100% reccommend is Bobbi Brown Luminous moisturising foundation which i see you already are going to try it's a bit more expenesive than MAC, think its £30 a bottle, but well worth it , i fell in love with this one, was well worth the money and lasts for ages, a little goes a long way ... Bobbi Brown i think is probably my fave  

hope this helps a bit x
''Never let your failures get to your heart, & never let your success get to your head''

18 February 2012 09:30
Dani-Elle
Model

Hi Jody

I find Revlon colour stay perfect for me, however I do recommend shopping around and physically testing various foundations until you find what is best for you. Maybelline dream matte mousse looks like cement on me but my friend uses it and it makes his skin look perfectly flawless because each individual has their own personal skin type and the way a foundation sits on one person may sit completely different on someone else.

Hope that was helpful.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
18 February 2012 10:33
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

I use Clarins skin illusion foundation in "Sand" its not cheap its about £25 a bottle but it looks natural and lasts a good 6 month with almost everyday usage, you only need a bit and it spreads matches but summer skintone (I tan) and also winter skintone.

I was like you I got fed up of wasting money on foundation! I tried so many and the problem with me was my skin undertone colour its golden and most foundations had a pink undertone and it didn't look right!

Thinking about that I need some more next week when I've been paid :-)
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Larna is off-line
18 February 2012 18:17
sibleydbest
Model
sibleydbest
Hampshire

im a persoanl trainer so if any one wants tps of abs im the expert to ask ispesh in them

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin danixhale emmaloux md2017
alsos chandos ElegantCaptures Ianmcculloch jccj1 shadowtime74 spiritofwales stevegosh Steveh32