This thread is being watched by 2 people
Ashlee is off-line
03 February 2012 18:22
marie19
Model
marie19
Essex
chelmsford

hi everyone i was just wondering if anyone had ever done any webcam work and if they got good money, or knows anyone that is doing it ..x or used to do it..x great to hear back from anyone marie.xx
Admin Comment : Please do not post links to paysites in replies to this post.

Mark Lee is off-line
03 February 2012 18:28
globalimage
Photographer
globalimage
Greece
Zante GR / Swindon UK

Hey Marie.....

I know a lot that do and although you hear diff reports on earnings i think it seems proportional to the amount of time and effort you put into it and more to the point the site you use and the amount of traffic that site has. What is also worth noting is that diff sites take varying amounts of commission of between 30 - 50 percent.

Back in the day when i used to get my kit of (if you'll excuse the expression lol) it was a very good secure way of making some extra ££ in lean times. I'm sure a few models will be able to give you a more accurate idea of what it's like now.

Hope that helps a bit,
Mark.

04 February 2012 04:23
Serena
Model

I have done phone chat for 5 years now. I work on fone-me.com and depending on how the person comes through you get 17p 24p or 58p a minute (usually the first two). This same site does webcam and I was persuaded by a 'fan' to do it for 'him' only last week. I was reluctant to do it (only wearing tights lol not even nude) cos of the time wasted before and after calls, getting ready etc. compared to phone chat where you can do other things between calls - I write, do admin, emails, prepare for shoots etc. etc. That was 75p a minute which I don't think it very marvellous.

I was then emailed by someone about the livejasmine site. To appease them I chatted to 'admin' on livejasmine and, as the person above said, it's based on earnings. They have 6 levels and you start with 25% of what you charge (I think it's up to £3 about so you'd get the same - 75p a minute) and if you LIVE ON THE SITE lol you eventually get a lot more of the percentage.

For anyone who has no other work to do and it happy to doll themselves up and sit in front of a cam for hours and hours (including lots of free chat to mere observers) webcam might eventually become financially viable but do bear in mind all these pitfalls. (I can make a bacon buttie and chat on the phone but on webcam - a bit tricky) lol.

On my fone-chat I've built up a big following (takes a lot of effort and time) and I think that's much better personally than webcam.  I like the power of WORDS for imaginative and creative exciting conversations.  Webcam seems to be to err more on the actions speak louder than words which is fine if you don't like talking much but, as someone said on another thread, I've the gift of the gab! lol

Oddly enough the fone-me webcam broke the week I gave it a try (typical) and they are currently mending it so. I will have another occasional go and my fans seem happy with non-explicit one-way webcam (which is another thing - how rude will you be etc) ........ oh /// a credit card caller just rung! ...... gotta go can't do this and that at the same time ... any more questions do email me, although obviously you will probably get more useful information from ladies who take webcam seriously as their main work. x
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

Howard Mansfield is off-line
04 February 2012 05:38
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Quote from Serena
I can make a bacon buttie on webcam

Phwoar.....

I've noticed an increase in girls now just using MSN or similar in return for money being Paypal'd directly to them. An entire pie rather than a slice of it, but obviously this means losing any promotion from an established site, and having to put more time into gaining their audience.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Ignite is off-line
04 February 2012 05:47
Ignite
Photographer
Ignite
London

A good place to get started fast and test the waters is chaturbate.com they have everything from non-nude to hardcore and it's up to you what you want to do. Non of the usual rules and restrictions emposed by other cam sites.  You work for 'tips' and if you know how to work it you can earn good money in a short space of time (I have seen models earn $100s in an hour).

I also manage a few models on other cam sites and cam help with the sign up process and getting started - drop me a PM if you are interested.

For people who want to make money from phone chat try myphonesite.com  these guys route calls to your phone without giving away your number and even route them to your mobile so you can make money even when you are out-and-about.

I can help models (and some togs) make extra income that fits in with your regular modeling work. PM me and I will see what I can do for you

Christian Scott is off-lineSilver Member
04 February 2012 05:55
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianScott
Merseyside
Wallasey

Quote from Ignite
A good place to get started fast and test the waters is chaturbate.com they have everything from non-nude to hardcore and it's up to you what you want to do. Non of the usual rules and restrictions emposed by other cam sites.  You work for 'tips' and if you know how to work it you can earn good money in a short space of time (I have seen models earn $100s in an hour).

I also manage a few models on other cam sites and cam help with the sign up process and getting started - drop me a PM if you are interested.

For people who want to make money from phone chat try myphonesite.com  these guys route calls to your phone without giving away your number and even route them to your mobile so you can make money even when you are out-and-about.

I can help models (and some togs) make extra income that fits in with your regular modeling work. PM me and I will see what I can do for you

I can't help but think this post is the start of a private audition session

Pete Whelan is off-line
04 February 2012 06:19
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

Quote from ChristianScott
I can't help but think this post is the start of a private audition session

has he booked you in? laugh
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

Christian Scott is off-lineSilver Member
04 February 2012 06:32
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianScott
Merseyside
Wallasey

No unfortunately. I don't think I meet the criteria. How about you Pete? I can pop in this week and give you a one on one audition

Pete Whelan is off-line
04 February 2012 06:39
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

04 February 2012 07:00
Serena
Model

Re an earlier incorrect quote - I didn't say I can make a butty on webcam - I said I can do it whilst on the phone tho'  I do play the accordion on webcam when it's only free chat.  The odd thing is they stay watching! Probably baffled.
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 plaatjesmaker ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson