Share your phone death stories.

nikonuser is off-lineSilver Member
04 February 2012 14:14
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
Warwickshire
Rugby & Middlesbrough...I Commute!

someone phoned my while i was doing the washing up, yep, it got dropped into the sink full of soapy water......new one arrived 09.00hrs the following day, a day later i slipped by the car in snow and ice, cleared the car and drove over my new phone....crunch, another one 09.00hrs the following day, this ones lasted a few years now
I do this for a hobby ~ i shoot for fun ~ i just enjoy photography! Happy to work with begginers & newbies, lets have a laugh and see what we can create.

05 February 2012 06:18
ALEXA1970
Model

Washing machine, left it in my pocket after a night out and just picked up my clothes next morning to put them through the wash.
Lost in a park - thing it fell out whilst playig with the kids but I called it and thankfuly somebody had rescued it from the see-saw area.
Dropped in the bath whilst answering the phone - now I still answer the phone in the bath but kinda hang myself over the side whilst doing it.
A few have gone to the phone heaven naturally - just stopped working with no explanation. RIP .

Wild Rose is off-line
05 February 2012 08:24
Wild_Rose
Model
Wild_Rose
West Midlands
Birmingham

Quote from melrobson02
Twice I've put my mobile on the top of the cistern when out then It's slid into the toilet and got drenched/wrecked/ruined. Yes, both times I was royally inebriated!

That happened to me three times with the work phone. I look after my own phones, havet killed any yet. I have a HTC at the moment and I did drop it a few times but nothing has happened to it. I had one stolen...and one lost. We just got off the coach at Luton airport and I gave my phone to my boyfriend to put in his pocket as we were in a  bit of a hurry gettign off and checking in and I didnt wanna open my mahussive bag to put it in there...half an hour later I wanted to text my mum that we checked in and the plane was on time....asked my boyfirend for my phone, he reached in his pocket....the phone wasnt there. It fell out somewhere didnt it...I was so angry with myself because I did like that phone. I keep my phones on me since then....

`Do you know where the wild roses grow so sweet and scarlet and free`

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2012 11:21
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Death? Even the battery on my phone never seems to die - it can live for two months on standby.

It can also be dropped from higher than I can safely fall without a parachute and be submerged deeper than I can dive!

Bob

alexkidd is off-line
05 February 2012 17:10
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

kinda related
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
05 February 2012 18:14
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Waterproof for 30 mins underwater, ok for 1 metre drop onto concrete, cheap to buy.

I only swap to a smartphone when I'm travelling - I kill them very quickly.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
05 February 2012 18:26
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Funny this thread is up, after almost 2 years of dropping my HTC Desire the screen finally smashed on me the other day it was still perfectly usable, it is currently being repaired! I need my mobile ... I need it for Sat Nav more than anything .

Hope to get it back in the next few days
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Jamie Copeland is off-line
05 February 2012 18:36
Too_Jazzee
Model

Hampshire
Southampton

Working in a mobile phone shop Ive seen everything, 10 tonne trucks running over iPhones, sailors being knocked off balance and losing them over the side, but the most unlucky instance was when a customer was literally just outside the door of the shop, turned to thank us, and somebody ran into her, it was like slow-mo.. and needless to say - because it was an IPhone, one of the weakest phones on the market - it cracked in 5 places. There is a lesson to be learnt here...dont buy an iPhone .

Einstein is off-line
06 February 2012 15:26
Einstein
Photographer

West Midlands

• One fell out of my shirt pocket whilst flushing. Thanks to some Ninja-like reactions I got it before it went round the bend. And still worked!

• At work couldn't find my personal phone. Went back onto the yard to find a 44 tonner had gone over it. I had the world's slimmest phone, even by today's standards!

• Current phone cost £40 6 years ago. Phones, texts, bluetooth, colour screen, a week's charge. Alas the keypad is falling to pieces and it's gotta go! RIP NEC.

Hung like Einstein, brain like a horse!

Dani G is off-line
25 February 2012 06:56
GoldenGrego
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
GoldenGrego
Buckinghamshire
MK/London

I've dropped my phone on my face many a time
- Dani California -

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 Suzymonty tanyacox winX
ad360photo alienation2 bradder cliffc coolc700 CutePoacher duncanjames frankpht geoffmarchant gerry99111 Images1854 James7799 Kjoservices lenspoynter Modtog1976 nycoe Scotography scruff stevegosh steveh32 Willjamieson
photo39