Share your phone death stories.

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
01 February 2012 20:55
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Twice I've put my mobile on the top of the cistern when out then It's slid into the toilet and got drenched/wrecked/ruined. Yes, both times I was royally inebriated!

01 February 2012 21:23
Dani-Elle
Model

I once left my phone on the kitchen top next to a tea towel, a little later after washing my hands I completely forgot where it was and grabbed the towel to dry my hands flinging the phone causing it to slide all the way down the units and into the kitchen sink about 5 feet away.

Another one suddenly decided to turn off for no reason while I was texting and never turned back on! Pffft, smart phones for you.. will never be as enduring as the good old bricks from years ago!
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Kirk Schwarz is off-line
01 February 2012 21:29
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

I once came home after a mammoth sesh and put my phone on my bed before laying down only to roll over and vom all over it... Being hammered the logical conclusion was to give it a quick rinse under the tap... Now, I'm not entirely sure as to which was the fatal blow, but I do know that it wasn't much up for working after that.
Can someone tell me how to put text in this box???

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
01 February 2012 22:15
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

When I was 14, my mum took to Blackpool to celebrate me having done my standard grades (my anxiety was terrible at the time and making it into school for them was a big deal for me.) She doesn't keep very well and one afternoon she was feeling a bit poorly, she decided to stay in our b&b for a few hours but she didn't want me to miss out on the sunshine, so I went for a walk by myself to get us ice cream sundaes from McD's. I had a small denim backpack on, which contained my phone. I wanted to eat my sundae so I carefully propped hers up in my bag and started the walk back. Along the way, I was feeling a bit anxious in the crowds so I started humming to myself, looking around reading signs and things, trying to take my mind off my surroundings; it must have worked, because I slipped the bag off and started swinging it. After I put it back on and felt something cold and wet on the back of my top, I remembered the sundae and realised I had given my phone the equivalent of a spin in the washing machine with ice cream instead of water. I was so distracted by the mess that I got lost and panicked, thankfully I managed to get a phone call out of my mobile before it died and got my mum to come find me.

My sister opened my standard grade results while I was away and read them before me.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

Morgan Lee is off-line
02 February 2012 02:58
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Quote from jivago
Accidently went diving with my phone loads of times (dry-suit they can survive). My dad called me when we were hovering at a decompression stop - Panic ensued when everyone thought that their dive computers were bleaping out a decompression violation - He had called to tell me the Liverpool score - Top man!

I had to laugh at that lol but then I would be the one panacing haha.

We need the old tough phones back, ones in the rubber cases and waterproof shells, I know nokia had one model that was tougher then the others but I don't think it could surf the web.
Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

02 February 2012 02:59
Jody_Maginnis
Model

One of my favourite phone a few year ago, a little samsung. It slipped straight out my hand and into my mug of hot water. I thought it would work but took everything out it and dried it off lol.

Then when i had my sony ericcson i was at the cinema with my son when he was little and it must slid out my pocket, i went straight back in to get it but it was only the cleaners. one of them must of took it. i phoned up orange and got it blocked straight away so no one could use it. after about 4 week i got a phone call from orange  down in England to say they had my phone and they were posting it up to me. lol Couldnt beileve it. I gave that phone to my son a few years later. and he lost it when he was out. Bloody phone.
Thankfully the last couple of phones have been no problem. Dropped my blackberry a few times but its a tough cookie. lol

Amber West is off-line
02 February 2012 04:50
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

At the moment I seem to just lose them (which happened to two Iphones last year!).

I did permanently 'wound' one Nokia. In about 2007 when I was clubbing. Phone was in handbag, as was bottle of not-so-tightly-closed mineral water. Didn't die outright, but soon developed many interesting little 'quirks' due to the contact with the leaky bottle, such as the alarm going off for no reason, the screen no longer lit up (that was bloody annoying), and not telling me when I had new texts.

Philip Hartley is off-line
02 February 2012 07:46
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from gerryquiff
Adjusting the clutch on my car a few years back, my week old phone was safely placed in the car. When it rang, I naturally reached into the car, answered it, and put it in my pocket at the end of the call. At the end of the job, as I was putting the tools away, I found the phone smashed in 3 or 4 large parts, and quite a few smaller parts. I guess I ran over it when testing the clutch at the end of the job. The phone shop I used at the time were happy to replace the phone after Taking the ph_oto is a naughty person out of me

I've also done this one. Checking for what looked like a water leak from underneath my campervan and the phone fell out of my shirt pocket and obviously landed just in front of the rear wheel.  Very  well  Crunched.  Not too worried as it was a crap phone and ready for changing.
Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

Marco Palmese is off-line
02 February 2012 15:41
Riverside_Studio
Studio
Riverside_Studio
Kent
Maidstone

Years ago I use to be a towercrane driver, after a large concrete pour late one afternoon I packed up, clipped my phone on my belt , chucked the trustie Backpack on , and started to climb down the 120 foot crane.
The back pack hooked up knocking my phone of my belt..... It fell striaght down the tower, hit a landing and went straight into the concrete skip ........which my banksman was washing out....!!!!! We opened the skip ...and it was still working ....

My wife also lanched my Blackberry out of a second floor window, she was answering it for me, when it came out of its case landed on our patio........ yep its still working, and I now have a new case.

Mark

Jenny Wren is off-line
04 February 2012 15:06
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

The only one of mine that has broken was a little slidy Samsung (The one that came out at the same time at that chocolate phone by LG). The ribbon connector snapped and the screen just went white.

A couple have had near death experiences though. My iPhone 3G went swimming in a mug of tea, just slipped out of my hand when I was slouching with the cup in the other hand. It survived after a week in sillica gel. The home button is still a bit non-responsive to this day though.

My little sister (16 years younger than me) decided to try to kill one of my first ones. The Nokia 3210 (I think, the one with interchangeable covers but before the 3300). She was potty training and while I was cleaning her up, it must have fallen out of my pocket or something, but the next thing I know I saw it lying in her potty in a puddle of wee! That survived, but I swapped it for the 3300 as soon as I could!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ch_mon ellessephotography jeromoek modelimaging Photojames43 Pictureimage rscott360 RUPERT