Share your phone death stories.

Morgan Lee is off-line
01 February 2012 18:59
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

I've broken a few phones in my time none of them have been dropped in tea, toilet or lost in a club.

I landed on my phone once while out kiteboarding, it was in the arse pocket of my jeans and after crashing pretty bad the phone didn't make it and I couldn't sit down for a while lol that was an interesting conversation with the insurance company .

Anyone got an interesting story?

Little fact fo you, the most phone insurance claims are dropping it down the toilet, its the whiplash of phone insurance.
Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

Chrissie Red is off-line
01 February 2012 19:03
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I lost my phone about 6 months ago, anything could have happened to it..

I'm still paying the contract though so I know nobody has it..

meh.. I hate mobile phones!

01 February 2012 19:44
Tansy_Blue
Model

I threw mine on the floor after a particularly frustrating conversation with a (shortly thereafter ex) boyfriend. Yes, it was entirely my fault. I did really hate that phone and was kind of hoping it would break though. :P

In general I've been good with phones though. One time I did leave it on a station bench, and - while the train drew away - watched some guy walk over and pocket it though. No fun at all, but hasn't happened again.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Jesfish is off-line
01 February 2012 20:08
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

People mock me because of my phone.  It's cheap, old and ugly...but I've dropped it in puddles, lost it in piles of hay and had it fall out of my pocket whilst I'm horse riding...and it still lives!

jivago Photographic is off-line
01 February 2012 20:33
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Morgan_L
I've broken a few phones in my time none of them have been dropped in tea, toilet or lost in a club.

I landed on my phone once while out kiteboarding, it was in the arse pocket of my jeans and after crashing pretty bad the phone didn't make it and I couldn't sit down for a while lol that was an interesting conversation with the insurance company .

Anyone got an interesting story?

Little fact fo you, the most phone insurance claims are dropping it down the toilet, its the whiplash of phone insurance.

Accidently went diving with my phone loads of times (dry-suit they can survive). My dad called me when we were hovering at a decompression stop - Panic ensued when everyone thought that their dive computers were bleaping out a decompression violation - He had called to tell me the Liverpool score - Top man!
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2012 20:33
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Fell off a bridge a bit grahamsphotography is a naughty person ed one night, tried every thing that the internet said but nothing.

Then all of a sudden it came back to life months later.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2012 20:46
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Adjusting the clutch on my car a few years back, my week old phone was safely placed in the car. When it rang, I naturally reached into the car, answered it, and put it in my pocket at the end of the call.
At the end of the job, as I was putting the tools away, I found the phone smashed in 3 or 4 large parts, and quite a few smaller parts. I guess I ran over it when testing the clutch at the end of the job.
The phone shop I used at the time were happy to replace the phone after Taking the gerryquiff is a naughty person out of me
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

01 February 2012 20:48
Mimi_C
Model
This member has been reset to pending

My phone has been pretty trusty.

It's been in the bath 3 times, sink twice. Shattered screen once. Stood on dropped fell on.....
Left in a taxi and it got 200 miles away was stolen from taxi by one person, left by the river.. someone else picked it up and it made it's way back to me.

Do i really need to go on?

Iphones are freaking awesome.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2012 20:49
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from jes
People mock me because of my phone.  It's cheap, old and ugly...but I've dropped it in puddles, lost it in piles of hay and had it fall out of my pocket whilst I'm horse riding...and it still lives!

I've an ex-wife like that 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Simon Pole is off-line
01 February 2012 20:50
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Lothian
Livingston, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth

Dropped just before the summit of Ben Lomond, sheer drop of I guess 1500-2000 feet or so, no idea if it still worked
Orange asked me for the sim number when I reported it as missing in action (yes I suppose I should have written it down), I said if it is that important, I'll give you the approximate coordinates, but I'm not going to get it.
We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke, You know we're gonna set them, set them. So everyone can take note, take note! - Adam Ant

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
boogiewoogieman fashion29
Add_barkaway bengie BobWright brettrothschild clarmike Daveinsurrey Djanimation Don_Dark firstforimages Fluffypup freddie imageatthemill JOOPninja Ladiesman Lumen marty55uk mg MIB mickhowarth nevillenev Smooth_image Steveh32 TonyNutley xcellent