Reminder Secure

How to slim down without developing too much muscle?!

Nina Terror is off-line
28 January 2012 17:20
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
Greater Manchester
Bolton

Hi everyone,

Need some advise, as whatever I'm doing is not working...

I'm currently a curvy size 10, aiming to go back to being a size 8.
My average excercise routine is 3-4 sessions of powerplate per week + 2-3 pole fitness (I've been doing this since october last year) prior to that I used to only do pole classes about 3 times a week.

I really started watching what I eat about 2 weeks ago, but prior, even though I never ate too much junk my eating habbits weren't healthiest.

I seem to be putting on muscle but not slimming down, as much ...

I know you can't pick and chose were to lose fat from, but my main areas are lower abs and thighs. I do aim my powerplate routine to help me with core and thighs, but also do quite abit on my upper body strength for pole.

Any advise???

Maybe I'm just being impatient but my weight doesn't seem to be changing

28 January 2012 17:51
paule
Photographer

you're probably just toning what muscle you already have. To build muscle you really need to life heavy weights the isometric exercises you do will tone, but will build very little.

aerobic exercise: that makes you sweat, a little breathless.. though you can still talk will start to burn fat after about 20 mins... keep it up.

losing weight is not rocket science... burn more calories than you consume: including drinks.

You are what you eat.

Consider this: 1kg of fat is 7700 calories.. imagine how much food that is... it's a long slog and no shortcuts.

..you look great BTW... ( but each to their own )

28 January 2012 18:05
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer

Quote from paule
losing weight is not rocket science... burn more calories than you consume: including drinks.

You are what you eat.

Consider this: 1kg of fat is 7700 calories.. imagine how much food that is... it's a long slog and no shortcuts.

+1

Nina Terror is off-line
28 January 2012 18:13
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
Greater Manchester
Bolton

Thanks, I suppose I will keep it up. I have a weigh-in in another week ( 5 weeks since back from christmas break) so I suppose I'll see exactly how I've porgresses then. Probably just being impatient

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2012 19:34
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Running always seems to be the best way to lose fat.You will tone your legs a bit but not much unless you are doing a lot of hills.Obviously anything that raises your heart rate gets you out of breath and makes you sweat. cycling ,swimming dancing ect.

I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

28 January 2012 21:48
joemurtagh
Photographer
This member has been suspended

swim and jog ... will shred fat in no time.

want to loose it fast. take a rucksack for a jog with you with loads of spuds in it.

trained fitness instructor.
If you do not find inspiration from what you see, look, look, then look again!

29 January 2012 05:27
ALEXA1970
Model

Cardio will get rid of fat, cross trainer, rowing machine, treadmill and other non muscle bulking training. I happen to know as was speaking to my physiotherapist about my knee this week and the exercise I can do without developing muscles !

29 January 2012 05:37
kjoleweb
Photographer

http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/2011/05/skinny-fat/ Just do opposite of what this article recommends.

29 January 2012 15:53
Tidal_Kitten
Model

As mentioned, what you eat is more important than anything else (obviously exercising is important, but it looks like you've got that covered already).

If you're eating a lot of sugars and fats, stuff with additives and generally not cooking your own meals from scratch...switching this up will help tremendously. The view point about carbs will vary wildly...I tend to favour avoiding pasta, rice, anything wheat based (breads especially!), white potatoes. But others will say they're ok, just moderation.

One thing I can attest to though, is if you cut out bread entirely a positive effect IS seen regardless of whether an individual is active or living a relatively sedate lifestyle. So maybe bump up your veg and meat quota when eating, and reduce the carbs for a bit to see how your body responds to that.

Cutting out processed crap helps too. So fizzy drinks, sugar in tea/coffee etc.

Also...having muscle isn't bad...it actually helps burn fat when you're not doing anything as well.

I don't know what your definition of "too much" muscle is...but typically, serious muscle only really happens when you're hitting heavy weights. "Serious muscle" only becomes visible if your body fat percentage drops to the point where definition comes through...so like, marathon runners are skinny as anything but have serious muscle for what they do...as do sprinters (but their thighs and shoulders/arms are ridiculously impressive)
More than just Kibbles and Bits

29 January 2012 16:00
Madeleine_138
Model

everyone always says swimming is the best way to lose fat. irritating for me since I cant swim haha Ive been going on the cross trainer for 45mins 3 times a week for the past month or so and thats working wonders. also, drink green tea or jasmine tea; tastes like bath water at first but this also helps burn fat

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 AngieMarie1 danixhale fashion29 pinklilly Shannone toniallcorn
63jian android_man bradder carpe_diem donaldmac doughnut dwhphotography JohnWindsor kaosrox keltica Lumen MauricesImagery MIB moorlane mrdl peterh ranesh read Rhadamanthus ronniefesta rscott360 Steves Studio1 Thunder_Photos