Reminder Secure

MUA Courses...yet another MU courses question :)

Juan is off-line
24 January 2012 08:24
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hi all

It's another question about courses I'm afraid.

My wife is a hair stylist and although based in a Knightsbridge salon, she has done a lot of editorial and fashion work (but only hair) and she's been toying with the idea of taking a MU course, just to up date her skills set and help off-set some Tax liability.

Now I do appreciate that some may groan at yet another MUA out there...but could/would any of you recommend or have experience of attending good make up courses? She is particularly interested in p/t courses, preferably in the London area or in East Anglia.

Of course I will research online, but really wanted personal experiences...the good the bad...that sort of thing.

Many thanks

Juan.

Juan is off-line
24 January 2012 12:37
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hey?

Sammyj is off-line
01 March 2012 11:28
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

the problem with part time courses they don't give you great qualifications, unless you have 1:Amazing talent or 2:years of experience, you need good qualifications eg: VTCT Diploma, Foundation Degree, BTEC or something along those lines.

good luck with it and i hope it goes well for her

samantha
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

Juan is off-line
01 March 2012 12:05
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hi Samantah

Thank you VERY much for your reply.

Juan.

Fisherface is off-line
01 March 2012 15:14
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from lashestolockes
the problem with part time courses they don't give you great qualifications, unless you have 1:Amazing talent or 2:years of experience, you need good qualifications eg: VTCT Diploma, Foundation Degree, BTEC or something along those lines. good luck with it and i hope it goes well for her samantha

Actually I did a part time diploma course at college and I'm doing ok!!

Sammyj is off-line
02 March 2012 07:50
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Quote from Fisherface
Actually I did a part time diploma course at college and I'm doing ok!!

I didn't mean it like that, i just ment you have to have something that make you stand out  as this is a very competetive business especially if you are just starting out in make up.

can i ask what your qualification is on your part time course and how long your course run for? on my course ( VTCT Make up Artist Diploma)
it was 2 years and 20 hour weeks covering level 2 and 3, Beauty consultancy, fashion -photographic & Theatrical & Media make up, hair and wigs, I then followed with NVQ hairdressing level 2 & 3 another 2 years as i did not feel confident enough in hair.

Its interesting to see how many different courses and qualifications there are available for someone starting out
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caitlindc prettypolly
ansonphotography Belemboo cygnet drew1299 ellessephotography musicman