Reminder Secure

MUA Courses...yet another MU courses question :)

Juan is off-line
24 January 2012 07:24
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hi all

It's another question about courses I'm afraid.

My wife is a hair stylist and although based in a Knightsbridge salon, she has done a lot of editorial and fashion work (but only hair) and she's been toying with the idea of taking a MU course, just to up date her skills set and help off-set some Tax liability.

Now I do appreciate that some may groan at yet another MUA out there...but could/would any of you recommend or have experience of attending good make up courses? She is particularly interested in p/t courses, preferably in the London area or in East Anglia.

Of course I will research online, but really wanted personal experiences...the good the bad...that sort of thing.

Many thanks

Juan.

Juan is off-line
24 January 2012 11:37
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hey?

Sammyj is off-line
01 March 2012 10:28
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

the problem with part time courses they don't give you great qualifications, unless you have 1:Amazing talent or 2:years of experience, you need good qualifications eg: VTCT Diploma, Foundation Degree, BTEC or something along those lines.

good luck with it and i hope it goes well for her

samantha
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

Juan is off-line
01 March 2012 11:05
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hi Samantah

Thank you VERY much for your reply.

Juan.

Fisherface is off-line
01 March 2012 14:14
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from lashestolockes
the problem with part time courses they don't give you great qualifications, unless you have 1:Amazing talent or 2:years of experience, you need good qualifications eg: VTCT Diploma, Foundation Degree, BTEC or something along those lines. good luck with it and i hope it goes well for her samantha

Actually I did a part time diploma course at college and I'm doing ok!!

Sammyj is off-line
02 March 2012 06:50
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Quote from Fisherface
Actually I did a part time diploma course at college and I'm doing ok!!

I didn't mean it like that, i just ment you have to have something that make you stand out  as this is a very competetive business especially if you are just starting out in make up.

can i ask what your qualification is on your part time course and how long your course run for? on my course ( VTCT Make up Artist Diploma)
it was 2 years and 20 hour weeks covering level 2 and 3, Beauty consultancy, fashion -photographic & Theatrical & Media make up, hair and wigs, I then followed with NVQ hairdressing level 2 & 3 another 2 years as i did not feel confident enough in hair.

Its interesting to see how many different courses and qualifications there are available for someone starting out
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 tim
diphoto DJ200 dorrian duncanjames extra_mayo fashionphotography HarishPadalia jackw keltica nemesis NigelAdams pcmphotography philippahh Robinsky Rupert skinz Snooper911 stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt sumupp supaglam totalpics vapourtrail Willjamieson
tim