Reminder Secure

Models beauty secrets...

01 May 2012 05:07
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

The trouble with eyebrows is that if they're shaved off, or plucked wrong then (from what I've read), they never grow back properly again. So they won't look natural.
It's ok for the duration of a model's career but if she chose to do something else she'd either have to keep shaving and redrawing, or maybe end up with odd-looking eyebrows. 

Claire Shipman is off-line
02 May 2012 07:11
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

There really is no need to shave anyones eyebrows, there is an amazing product & teqnique that completely covers them and you cant tell.

But if I told you all about it, I'd have to kill you

02 May 2012 12:30
RebeccaAmy
Model

I use anti-wrinkle cream; have done since I was 17

02 May 2012 15:26
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

I've cleansed, toned and moisturised religiously since I was 13. A MUA told me it might be one of the reasons I don't look my age. 
I also think it's helped by having lots of sleep, as since having my son I have started to notice signs of age appearing.  (he's worth it though smiley)

Cinddy_ is off-line
02 May 2012 16:02
Cinddy_
Model
Cinddy_
West Midlands
Dudley

I have a long bath before shaving,it makes the skin softer and use Dove beauty bath. I use moisturizer after shaving and never have rashes. Paraffin-free clay mask for face and cold cucumber slices for eyes. Beauty sleep before shoot and a healthy diet with lots of salads and fruits. My grandma knew lots of natural remedies,a slice of tomato fixed with a plaster on the spot actually worked for me.
Cinddy

chilli_pepper is off-line
02 May 2012 16:21
chilli_pepper
Model
chilli_pepper
Merseyside
Wirral

i accidently used nail vanish remover as mouthwash, and i threw my guts up for hours.......i no longer keep it in the bathroom lol

but one of my tips: is a glass of wine added to the bath. it makes the skin softer

oh and to reduce the baggy circles under my eyes i use hemorrhoid cream. It contains ingredients, which make skin tighter, although it works only short-term. Used in the regular way would probably work longer.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
03 May 2012 02:24
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I would never shave my eyebrows off!

Misty is off-line
03 May 2012 04:22
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

Quote from Violet_Ecstasy
The trouble with eyebrows is that if they're shaved off, or plucked wrong then (from what I've read), they never grow back properly again. So they won't look natural.
It's ok for the duration of a model's career but if she chose to do something else she'd either have to keep shaving and redrawing, or maybe end up with odd-looking eyebrows. 

Exactly.  There is NO NEED to shave your eyebrows off. They will never grow back propely and as recommendation for a beauty tip, this IS one of the worst things I've ever heard (not in general life, as insinuated to try and belittle me, thanks for that!). I have personally NEVER met an experienced MUA or model who would recommend this as a good idea!!!!!

Yes, it might be a 'great' idea in a photographer's eyes for easily producing an image where you want to re-draw the eyebrows, where the MUA does not have the experience to quickly and easily block them out with other means (which I will add really isn't a difficult task, I've been doing it for years, but probably comes with theatrical and media training rather than 'self taught' or just beauty MUA's) but for natural beauty jobs and, erm, the rest of your life, it is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE idea.

And as I have a degree is Media Make Up Artistry (1st Class), 7 years experience, and have worked for Estee Lauder, MAC, Lime Pictures, the BBC, on feature films, fashion shows, published work etc etc, I also think I might just have a leg to stand on for knowing 'what I'm talking about' as well, even if I don't have a 'website award' !!!cheeky 
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 May 2012 04:29
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from misty_model
Exactly.  There is NO NEED to shave your eyebrows off. They will never grow back propely and as recommendation for a beauty tip, this IS one of the worst things I've ever heard (not in general life, as insinuated to try and belittle me, thanks for that!). I have personally NEVER met an experienced MUA or model who would recommend this as a good idea!!!!!

Yes, it might be a 'great' idea in a photographer's eyes for easily producing an image where you want to re-draw the eyebrows, where the MUA does not have the experience to quickly and easily block them out with other means (which I will add really isn't a difficult task, I've been doing it for years, but probably comes with theatrical and media training rather than 'self taught' or just beauty MUA's) but for natural beauty jobs and, erm, the rest of your life, it is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE idea.

And as I have a degree is Media Make Up Artistry (1st Class), 7 years experience, and have worked for Estee Lauder, MAC, Lime Pictures, the BBC, on feature films, fashion shows, published work etc etc, I also think I might just have a leg to stand on for knowing 'what I'm talking about' as well, even if I don't have a 'website award' !!!cheeky 

I've worked with very few MUA's maybe only 10 or 11 but at least 7 of them have noted my eyebrows and complimented me on them. I used to tweezer them but because they are so light they rarely showed up in images. I left them to grow and worked with an MUA who proper brought them out, now I do that for every shoot and I can change the shape slightly without too much hard work on my part. Eyebrows are awesome - models don't ever shave them off just for one shoot its not worth it.

Claire Shipman is off-line
03 May 2012 07:48
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Thin drawn on eyebrows have never been in fashion! Full natural but grromed looking eyebrows is what I love to see on a model. I choose my portfolio models based on thier eyebrows.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty ElleLaura fionafelony kkoch Michelledefeo1 xamberx
2webmedia andrewf ansonphotography digitizer doughnut eosfan ewanmenzies frank4 GSC4X Ladiesman panda49 pixelking Rscott360 stevegosh Steveh32 TinDolls