Reminder Secure

Models beauty secrets...

24 April 2012 19:42
nicoleeee
Model

I was at a shoot once and the MUA didn't tell me she was using permanent glue on the individual eye lashes she was putting on - I went to peel them off when I got home (like I ususally would with lashes) and found them stuck, in a panic I tried yanking them off with a load of MY lashes coming out too! I had a shoot the next day so asked the MUA for that shoot if she had any permanent glue remover and thankfully she did but now I double check every time a MUA puts lashes on me - it was a terrifying experience and my lashes have only just fully grown back!!
looking for creative minds in the south west, message me if that sounds like you!

24 April 2012 19:55
_Maz_
Model

Quote from DialADaisy
I'm so going to try that aspirin face thing! I have temperamental skin at the moment due to the contraceptive implant I have, and nothing works. I've also used toothpaste on particularly big spots, but it doesn't do anything for me either, except make a mess of my pillow cases. Sudocrem for using after shaving your bikini line is really good. Violet - for open pores I recommend a product by the Boots No7 range. I think it's called 'Pore Refining Serum'. I used it regularly for a year or so as I had very large open pores from showering and bathing too much (I have OCD). And it really, really worked! Brittle nails? Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of those? I've used creams and lots of other things but nothing works. Maybe it's a deficiency of something?

Think it's probably  to do with a lack of vitamins. Try Biotin tablets - they help with both nails and hair. I took them after having half my hair burned off and found my nail condition improved too. 

Off topic side note: How are you finding the hellhole that is Girvan? (just noticed there on your location...went to school there. Hate the place with a passion.) 
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

24 April 2012 20:14
DeeElegia
Model

Quote from _Maz_
Think it's probably  to do with a lack of vitamins. Try Biotin tablets - they help with both nails and hair. I took them after having half my hair burned off and found my nail condition improved too. 

Off topic side note: How are you finding the hellhole that is Girvan? (just noticed there on your location...went to school there. Hate the place with a passion.) 

Cheers, I'll give those a go. I have anaemia again so it would figure if that had something to do with it too.

Girvan is awful. A massive change from living in Glasgow and it doesn't help that I don't know anyone or see my friends. I've been here a month and I'm absolutely miserable.
It was meant to be a six month stop-gap for saving and then moving again to Manchester, but I don't think I can stick it that long. I'm doing my best to get moving a lot sooner! Hopefully by June.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

24 April 2012 21:51
_Maz_
Model

Quote from DialADaisy
Cheers, I'll give those a go. I have anaemia again so it would figure if that had something to do with it too. Girvan is awful. A massive change from living in Glasgow and it doesn't help that I don't know anyone or see my friends. I've been here a month and I'm absolutely miserable. It was meant to be a six month stop-gap for saving and then moving again to Manchester, but I don't think I can stick it that long. I'm doing my best to get moving a lot sooner! Hopefully by June.

That'll probably add to it - been anaemic a few times, played havoc with everything. Best getting the Iron into you!

I really feel for you, that place is hell on Earth - hope you're not out anywhere near the Kiltie flats...awful area. I avoid the place unless I have no other choice. 
I'm only up the road in Ayr if you need to escape for a few hours and get a decent coffee and banter!
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

25 April 2012 16:53
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from DialADaisy
Violet - for open pores I recommend a product by the Boots No7 range. I think it's called 'Pore Refining Serum'. I used it regularly for a year or so as I had very large open pores from showering and bathing too much (I have OCD). And it really, really worked!

thank you smileyI bought some Clinique products a few years ago and they do make a good concealer that must basically be like polyfilla for your pores wink It does make them look better when you've got makeup on but I wondered if there was a more permanent solution. I'll have a look at Boots.

I am trying to convert to totally cruelty-free makeup and toiletries though, and I don't think Boots stuff is at the moment. 

Sammyj is off-line
26 April 2012 09:16
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Not permanent but Benefit, Pore-fessional is great. I have large pores on my T zone and this product does wonders
it goes on like a thick tinted moisturiser so can be used on it's own as it evens out skin tone or us it under foundation 
xx
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

26 April 2012 16:14
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

thank you, I'll have a look next time I'm shopping

Misty is off-line
26 April 2012 16:16
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

The worst thing I got told? John Farrar when I was working with him said to me - 'One of the models I work with who is an mua just totally shaves her eyebrows off and then she can draw them in however she wants.... I think that's a GREAT idea...!!!!!!!' Argh!!!!!

Great recommendation for shaving rash in the lady area.... shave before bed and put Sudocrem on. I learnt this tip as a dancer getting horrific shaving rashes from leotards rubbing etc, and honestly it works, when you wash it off the skin is smooth and irritation free
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

28 April 2012 19:34
Brightonian
Photographer

Quote from misty_model
The worst thing I got told? John Farrar when I was working with him said to me - 'One of the models I work with who is an mua just totally shaves her eyebrows off and then she can draw them in however she wants.... I think that's a GREAT idea...!!!!!!!'

Over the years I have seen so many MUA's trying to block out eyebrows so they can redraw them where they want them

Sadly it doesn't usually work and it then falls to the photographer to sort it all out in post production

Removing eyebrows before a creative shoot is done by quite a few models I have worked with as they know it makes the MUA's job a lot easier and the final images far more polished

The MUA/Model misty-model is refering to was voted MUA of the Year 1010 and took the Bronze award for 2011 on a very well known international modelling and photography website so I think she might know a litlle about this business

I'm amazed that misty_model thinks it's the worst thing she has ever been told - ah well

You may look good now but a talented photographer can make you look good FOREVER!

Chrissie Red is off-line
28 April 2012 20:22
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Brightonian
Over the years I have seen so many MUA's trying to block out eyebrows so they can redraw them where they want them

Sadly it doesn't usually work and it then falls to the photographer to sort it all out in post production

Removing eyebrows before a creative shoot is done by quite a few models I have worked with as they know it makes the MUA's job a lot easier and the final images far more polished

The MUA/Model misty-model is refering to was voted MUA of the Year 1010 and took the Bronze award for 2011 on a very well known international modelling and photography website so I think she might know a litlle about this business

I'm amazed that misty_model thinks it's the worst thing she has ever been told - ah well

What as in no eyebrows at all?
I don't think I would fancy that, its much nicer to see eyebrow hair detail in images rather than drawn on lines but each to their own..
If anyone tried to shave mine off before a shoot I would tell them to get stuffed

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_janine
Antz duncanjames Essexjohn liteangle Musicman redtail shadowtime74 steveh32 supernova woody
harbourstudio