Claire Shipman is off-line
28 January 2012 13:16
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Thats interesting, I am a fan of natural rememdies but still unsure about that one, but cant see what harm it would do on an occasional basis and dont forget the sunscreen as you say.

Honey is amazing if you create a paste with olive oil and sugar it makes a great exfoliator, if you dont use too much honey its not too messy.

28 January 2012 14:01
ALEXA1970
Model

Egg white as a face mask brightens the skin , if you've had a late night out it revives it !

Karen Hegarty is off-line
29 January 2012 10:02
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

yes as i said aspirin is probably not so bad for the skin due to it's healing properties for problem spotty skins, it is made from natural occuring substance from the willow tree and contains salicylic acid.
As the other girl said only cause stomach probs if ingested.
That's right about the sun protection too, as it does make skin more sensitive to sun exposure, as do ahas and bhas which exfolliate the skin and improve it's appearance.

24 April 2012 08:10
HardcoreRoyalty
Model

Spraying the face with hair spray to set make up

i always do this for a night out and a shoot and my skin is great, although i do use alot of moisturiser daily on my face and ive always had good skin.

I dont do alot of beauty things to myself other than the odd fake tan when im going out sometimes :S
My Heads Up, People Would Kill To See Me Fall

24 April 2012 10:55
jessewalker
Make-up Artist

Don't spray your face with hairspray, it's not good! There's fixer spray you can buy that will hold your make-up even better without being detrimental to your skin try skindinavia, kryolan or model in a bottle

24 April 2012 12:13
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

I'm sitting here now with toothpaste on a spot. Bugger.  I only get them very very occasionally.

Although would be grateful to get tips on reducing open pores. frown

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
24 April 2012 13:10
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I have used superglue instead of nail glue a few times in the past and I lightly spray my face with hairspray before a night out.

When I'm running out of fake tan I just mix all the brands together and slather it on (I wouldn't do this for a shoot but anything goes for a night on the tiles!)

I've used sellotape as 'tit tape' before and I pile on the dry shampoo to make my roots look blonder.

Guilty as charged, your honour!

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
24 April 2012 13:11
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

PS sodium bi-carb/baking powder as toothpaste. Ick!

Jessica Andrews is off-line
24 April 2012 17:58
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from melrobson02
 I pile on the dry shampoo to make my roots look blonder. Guilty as charged, your honour!

+1

I also use old lady purple shampoo to keep it a whiter blonde!
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

24 April 2012 18:34
DeeElegia
Model

I'm so going to try that aspirin face thing! I have temperamental skin at the moment due to the contraceptive implant I have, and nothing works. I've also used toothpaste on particularly big spots, but it doesn't do anything for me either, except make a mess of my pillow cases.

Sudocrem for using after shaving your bikini line is really good.

Violet - for open pores I recommend a product by the Boots No7 range. I think it's called 'Pore Refining Serum'. I used it regularly for a year or so as I had very large open pores from showering and bathing too much (I have OCD). And it really, really worked!

Brittle nails? Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of those? I've used creams and lots of other things but nothing works. Maybe it's a deficiency of something?
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale emmac89
aprilscherz3 ChrisD clarmike djb1 geronimo GlasgowPhotographer gperl lify Mattcairns MIB mlp oscar pierre plld stevegosh Steveh32 Thunder_Photos TinDolls