Models beauty secrets...

Fisherface is off-line
24 January 2012 15:02
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I was curling my own eyelashes once and someone called me so I turned my head sharply and forgot to move my hand too.  Ripped quite a few lashes out that day, lol!

Mich_lou is off-lineSilver Member
24 January 2012 15:10
MichelleHush
Model
MichelleHush
South Yorkshire
sheffield

yes claire it was i figured if i slept with it on my face i wouldnt have to go downstairs to get my breakfast with a hangova x

24 January 2012 15:18
Dani-Elle
Model

Quote from Fisherface
I was curling my own eyelashes once and someone called me so I turned my head sharply and forgot to move my hand too.  Ripped quite a few lashes out that day, lol!

Oooouch!

Green tea works wonders for the skin and then the occasional spot that does manage to sneak through, a gentle squeeze and a dab with perfume sees it dried up in no time.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

Claire Shipman is off-line
25 January 2012 14:05
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Fisherface

Oooowie!! :S Those things can be very scary...

Karen Hegarty is off-line
26 January 2012 18:38
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Can't think of anything to add as yet but I'm sure some things will come to me so I will be back, but just to add the hairspray thing I've heard a lot.. yuk!!!
Conditioner for shaving is good as it softnes the hair, so not a bad thing.
Asprin mask? not heard of that before but asprin contains salicylic acid so can only assume it is that which is a good exfolliator, it is good for for problem/spotty skins tho, altho not sure about home made remedies.
Karen xx

27 January 2012 14:23
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Having thought about is asprin is pretty bad for you causes stomach bleeding when consumed fairly often apparently*, so I would probably reccommend switching to a mouisure mask thats meant to be on your face or pure shea butter (Incredibly softening for the skin) without the risk of doing any harm x

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
27 January 2012 14:33
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from ClaireShipman
Having thought about is asprin is pretty bad for you causes stomach bleeding when consumed fairly often apparently*, so I would probably reccommend switching to a mouisure mask thats meant to be on your face or pure shea butter (Incredibly softening for the skin) without the risk of doing any harm x

Nothing to worry about with putting aspirin on your skin, adverse gastrointestinal events are mainly due to the inhibition of COX1, responsible for the synthesis of prostaglandins that normally inhibit acid secretion and protect the mucosa. Definitely nothing to worry about unless you ingest loads at the same time. However mefenamic acid and sulindac are in the same family as aspirin (NSAIDs) and they may give you a rash or a photosensitive reaction, or in rare cases Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Sorry that was the only geek smiley I could find

28 January 2012 11:07
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Geek

Ariana Wood is off-line
28 January 2012 11:56
ArianaWood
Model

Kent
Maidstone

I found the asprin mask on a youtube tutorial, which I know isn't always the best place to find these things (!) but the lady did give some interesting reasons as to why asprin works well:

*obviously the small lumps exfoliate
*apsrin has been used as a natural healing substance for years, so it's good at fighting germs and healing small blemishes
*it's strong enough to remove a small layer of skin but not so harsh that it burns it off!

She did say though, not to use it every day (personally, I use it about once a month), and after using it, to apply a higher sunscreen for the next week or so, because your skin is more vulnerable.

She recommended mixing the asprin with honey. I find this too messy, to I just add two tables to my clinque facial wash

Ariana Wood is off-line
28 January 2012 11:59
ArianaWood
Model

Kent
Maidstone

Ooh dear, never realised "asprin" was spelt "aspirin"- guess that means I must be pronouncing it wrong too!

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Michelledefeo1 Sifx SuzyMonty xamberx
dhuntuk gordon Ianmcculloch jpdo Ladiesman neild nemesis Rscott360 Thechriss Willjamieson