Reminder Secure

Autograph requests

Ella Rose is off-line
06 February 2012 12:16
EllaRose
Model
EllaRose
Oxfordshire

I've been asked by a really sweet fan who emails me quite often where he can send me a birthday gift. Maybe I need to get on this amazon list thing.
www.ellarosemuse.co.uk

Moi is off-line
06 February 2012 12:58
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from kenp
??? What about an ordinary cheque? It has all your bank details, plus your signature. Paranoia gone mad

Thia from a man with a bag over his head surprise
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Spike is off-line
06 February 2012 13:33
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Quote from kenp
??? What about an ordinary cheque? It has all your bank details, plus your signature. Paranoia gone mad

So far I've refrained from sending cheques to my nigerian fans asking for donations, though my neighbour was targeted & the identity theives went to the trouble of sending a bogus courier round at 7am on a saturday to get a sample signature.
3 years on he has just about got control of his own finances, so I'll continue to be paranoid about who I give my autograph to.

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

23 July 2012 11:46
AbiHillModel
Model

I've had autograph requests, a lot from eastern europe. I tend to send them postal with no return address so they can't turn up at my door or fake my identity (they'd be missing my full name and middle name anyways and my bank are pretty hot on ID theft thus far, from seeing how they handled it when my mum was targeted anyways). No problems yet

ETA: I also just sign my autographs "Abi xAx" instead of a full signature just to be sure
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

24 July 2012 03:10
Gfun
Photographer

Used to get asked for autographs when I was racing.

I often wonder if some collector is working hard trying to erase the scribble of an 'also ran' from a race programme!

Or perhaps just trying to figure out who the **** closely followed by why the **** I was asked! :-)

Kevin Waller is off-line
24 July 2012 03:19
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
Hampshire
Farnborough

Quote from Katinha
 " no nude pictures! Just an autograph" ? Pervert 

You can't be late until you show up

Simon Chan is off-line
24 July 2012 03:23
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from Katinha
So today I got my first autograph request from a 'fan' in Germany...
I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't class myself as a known model as i've never been published and haven't had tons and tons of work. So I thought this was a little strange as I don't promote myself a lot either and unsure how they would have got my email address..
Has anyone else had a similar request? Or do you get requests?

If you have'nt been published and not done many work how did this person in Germany become a fan?
There was a model on another forum a few years ago at a show had people asking her for autograph because they thought she was Jo Guest

Paul Hampson is off-line
24 July 2012 03:50
metalrockphotos
Photographer

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

When I been doing rock concerts and am with the band etc I been asked for my photograph etc am like just a photographer but hey made someone happy lol

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
24 July 2012 03:56
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Someone in Germany asked me too.... probably the same guy!

Miss Distania is off-line
29 July 2012 10:13
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

I had a young women contact me on Purpleport when i first joined and she wanted a signed pic of me to give to her dad,she was really sweet and sent me a pic of herself and her life story lol,i popped a nice signed shot in the post for her and she was most grateful.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin EmmaCarrie18 LSSlut Marieechloe
bertram Brian2008 Bristoltalent Daniel77 david1500 digitalmood Flanders For_Arts_Sake gazzer59 humphries Jamesrichards Ludapix markeos50d michaelangelo mlp panda49 PDCPhotos rossiter sniffer Spiritofwales stephenmuddell TheChrisS woody