This thread is being watched by 4 people
Hugh is off-lineGold Member
20 January 2012 12:42
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

It would be really great to have a list of those of you that ride horses regularly, and what sort of riding you do...

I've been looking for someone (apart from my daughters) who would be able to do something like this:

It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

20 January 2012 12:59
River
Model

Thats a fab pic hugh, saw it on facebook earlier. It may not be of any use at all as I dont work to nude, but I ride, and have a bay welsh section and a grey shetland
cross. I havent competed since I was a child, so I only ride casually. Ive never incorperated either of them into a shoot before, but definetly would!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Ffour is off-line
20 January 2012 17:37
Ffour
Photographer
Ffour
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Can recommend jes from Lowestoft. (last photograph in my portfolio)

Best wishes, Terry.

Never trouble trouble, till trouble trouble's you.

20 January 2012 17:45
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Wanted to shoot with Jes for ages - unfortunately she's 300 miles away on the East coast.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
20 January 2012 17:46
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Been admiring that photo on facebook! Suuuch an awesome picture

Becky Blissitt is off-lineGold Member
20 January 2012 18:19
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

Hi Hugh,

You asked so here goes,

I ride and compete mostly in showing and dressage,I have successfully competed all over the country at top level showing,including The Royal International Horse Show at Hickstead and at The Horse of The Year Show held at the NEC Birmingham,on many occasions.I have also been British Show Horse Society National Amateur Champion.
I can ride sidesaddle and have competed to a high level at that,though I don't ride aside much at the moment.

I currently have three horses,all of whom have at some point featured with me in various photo shoots.

Becky

Becky Blissitt is off-lineGold Member
20 January 2012 18:21
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

Protea is off-lineSilver Member
20 January 2012 18:29
Protea
Model
Protea
Bedfordshire
Bedford

Hi,

well, i used to 1 and 2 day-event (to Novice level). Sadly university and work got in the way and i can't afford one anymore. Only ride casually now when i can borrow a friends horse or on holidays. I have ridden several horses in water (particularly rearing ones!) when i worked in S. Africa on horse ranch for 7 months. Despite only riding infrequently i am confident on nearly all horses.

I don't normally work to nude (nor am i slim, like the model in the pic) but i would consider implied nude/options for the right shoot. I've been wanting to do a shoot with horses :-)

If i'm of interest do get in touch.....otherwise good luck with the shoot, hope we get to see the results!

Protea

20 January 2012 19:11
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I've done it once myself - I didn't look quite as good as the picture, and only lasted about 10 seconds, but it was fun.

I knew a Swiss Olympic 3 Day Event rider when I was in Ireland - he used to swim his horses anything up to half a mile out to sea when getting them fit.

20 January 2012 19:13
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Please keep posting - it'll make a good reference thread for other people as well as for me.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candykisses DanielleWx Lucina Scarlett_rose14 Stephieb27 toxicinnocence
63jian Arterotica david1500 funky HarishPadalia kimsandman2 Kjoservices Ladiesman michaelangelo mlp panda49 parafotos paulfcm16 psn Quad1 sniffer Studio1 thelook
harbourstudio