This thread is being watched by 1 person
Miss_P is off-line
10 January 2012 05:44
Miss_P
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Miss_P
London

Hey, Last year i lost a bit of weight and dropped a dress size, im still eating heleathy and exercising and hoping to lose more, ive lost some off my belly, arms, face and boobs but my bum and thighs are still huge, how can i shift the weight from these areas, and not my boobs, they are small enough as it is! x
Everything will be ok in the end, if its not ok, its not the end.

Matt Harper is off-line
10 January 2012 05:49
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Nose job one day, now weight.
I think you need to find a way of being happy with yourself. We are what we are and we can make changes to diets and lifestyles, but better is accepting what you have got.

You are 5'8'' and a dress size 10. Sounds pretty damn perfect to me

10 January 2012 07:56
rattusratus
Model

your the same as me (and similar-ish stats) and ive spent years trying to figure this out so if you do discover the secret please share it

Ratisha
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Joel Hicks is off-line
10 January 2012 08:32
JoelHicks
Model
JoelHicks
Leicestershire

You can't spot reduce weight from certain areas of your body I'm afriad...

Raziela is off-line
10 January 2012 08:36
Raziela
Model
Raziela
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from JoelHicks

[+1]

From what I gather, the most you can do to "reduce the look of certain areas" is to do toning exercises, anything that claims to reduce weight only from specific areas is BS pure and simple.

SHOOTING STAR by ratisha is off-line
10 January 2012 08:42
ratisha_photography
Photographer
ratisha_photography
County Durham
durham (stanley)

Quote from Raziela
[+1] From what I gather, the most you can do to "reduce the look of certain areas" is to do toning exercises, anything that claims to reduce weight only from specific areas is BS pure and simple.

except liposuction but thats expensive and can have side effects

10 January 2012 09:33
BaileyK
Model

Quote from JoelHicks

From the sex god himself...

You just need to exercise generally.
Maybe try squats and such.

Or pole dancing!

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
10 January 2012 11:31
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Its already been said, you cant choose areas where weight is lost from.
You can train certain areas, but that will just help tone them and wont direct fat loss from that area.

Keep on with a good diet and excercise and the weight will come off your body from all areas equally.
Dont forget, you have (as in 'we all') have fat inside our bodies and not just under the skin, so that has to burn away too, so it may seem as if it isnt shifting, but it will be.

10 January 2012 22:49
Tidal_Kitten
Model

You've lost some fat, but it sounds like you're not putting on any muscle. Especially so in your hamstring/quad/glute area. A good mix of heavy resistance (weight) exercises and aerobic training (swimming/running/cycling...or if you must elliptical trainer) will help increase the muscle mass in that area required for the "toned" look.

And the pink dumbbells or 2.5kg plate aren't heavy...you can lift/take on a lot more than you think you can. If you go to a gym, get one of the gym instructors to show you how to work the specific machines (like leg press) or go through specific movements with free weights (like a dumbbell front squat or front lunge) and watch your form and suggest a good starting level of resistance.

also bare in mind...the butt/thigh area is a very hard place to shake off the fat as those muscles don't get used much at all (unless you're a dancer/performer..but even then they'd be training ridiculously hard) in day-to-day activities.
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Harry is off-line
10 January 2012 22:57
harry_model
Model

London
isleworth

it is impossible to reduce fat from specific areas of your body. just try not to build muscle on your thighs and bum through exercise if the size concerns you, as you will actually bulk more (so focus on fat reducing exercise instead of muscle building) but you are a great shape and size so i wouldnt even be worrying about it if i were you.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Just_janine Katielouxox mg21 Michelledefeo1 Winterlilly
BOBREEVES cgwebster ChrisD claypaws cliffc dirkus djb1 duncanjames Fashionphotography Hairflicks hfordtom jonasbee KDP keltica KStoneburg Ladiesman noggy1930 oldbloke pcmphotography rod_m99 rscott360 Steveh32 zzdigital