Nose Job?

Stu Buckland is off-line
24 January 2012 13:58
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

What exactly don't you like about your nose? I think it looks perfectly lovely to me!

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 January 2012 14:02
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from beauvoir
Ulorin Vex has a big nose and it never stopped her.

Guess it depends on what you consider big, her nose looks pretty perfect to me  - not unusually large or weirdly shaped.

24 January 2012 16:10
ALEXA1970
Model

Unless you have some previous break then I would leave well alone. A nose job can cause problems with having permanent sniffles and end up having another one to rectify the problems. A friend of mine had it done and it was horrendous to look at when healing. There is nothing wrong with your nose - mine is certainly bigger and I wouldn't have anything done !

Miss_P is off-line
25 January 2012 05:42
Miss_P
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Miss_P
London

thanks for everyones feedback! I think ive decided as much as I want one its too much of a risk, however I juust want to point out as much as I appreciate everyones loveley comments saying i dont need one and its perfect thats more to do with the fact i (a) wouldnt put a picture on here when you can see how awful it is, such as a profile shot and (b) the photographers i ahve worked with are so good it doesnt look so bad but i have one nostril bigger than the other and my nose is very pointy! x
Everything will be ok in the end, if its not ok, its not the end.

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
25 January 2012 06:07
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

i have a long nose and used to hate it even though everyone says its fine (i still think its too big/long) but hey nobodys perfect every single model/women/man out there has something they dont like about themselves but no-one notice little things like that apart from yourself, and even if one nostril is bigger then the other i doubt theres many people that come up to you turn their head to their side and look up your nose lol people notice other things first like you hair, eyes figure clothes etc.. dont get one lol you might feel a little better or they may make it worse and make the other nostril too big or make your nose look like you walked into a brick wall by making it too flat, a little bit pointy is fine x
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

Emma_Willis is off-line
25 January 2012 06:10
emmawillis
Model
emmawillis
Blaenau Gwent
Ebbw Vale, Wales

I'm currently saving up for a rynoplasty. I detest my nose. I know what it's like to have people saying "you don't need one, your nose is fine". They ain't the ones who have to live with it!

Raj Patel is off-lineGold Member
06 February 2012 17:06
dr_raj
Photographer
dr_raj
Greater Manchester
Stockport

Surgical Rhinoplasty is a major ENT / plastics procedure where the surgeon has to "break" your nose and then shave & re-position bone & tissue into a new position to "set". I have witnessed many of these. Every patient who has ever had it says they feel like they've been in a ring with Mike Tyson. You will be off work for at least six weeks and it will be six months to a year before all the swelling and side effects have settled down. Some people are delighted with the results. Some are disappointed as they they either had unrealistic expectations or self confidence issues they blame on a part of their body.

06 February 2012 18:01
photoclassic
Photographer

Have to agree with all that has been said before... When I stopped competing in Kung Fu tournaments, I went for rhinoplasty to improve my breathing after having my nose broken at least six times over 14 years.

When I came round after the op, I was in a hell of a state and two days later, when they removed the tampons from my nose, I haemoraged and almost bled to death (I lost over 3 pints of blood in a few minutes). The blood was pouring out of my nose and down my throat; the floor was covered, I was covered and I filled three of the cardboard poop trays to overflowing before they got new tampons hammered in to stem the bleeding (which was horrible too, as they are about 5 inches long and rock solid when they whack them in!) By that time I was dizzy and feeling cold. I received one unit of whole blood and three bags of saline intravenously. Three days later I left hospital but I suffered from permanent fatigue for about 18 months and it was 2-3 years before I had anything like the fitness I had before the op back.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with your nose; it suits your face (if that doesn't sound odd). Unless you are severely distressed with your nose I would think very hard before opting for surgery.
We do not stop playing because we have grown old; we grow old because we have stopped playing

Leanne Davies is off-line
09 July 2012 17:47
Lea1990
Model

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

I had a nose job and was left with 2 black eyes and had a pot and stitches for 2 weeks. The swelling actually takes 2 years to fully go down but its unoticeable. I have to say i'm thinking of getting mine done again as i have a bump on the ridge.

Oh and i have a tiny Y shape scar on the septum but it is unnoticeable to say i had 27 stitches in it!

hope this helps!

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
flashharry Phiesta1 Steveh32 Thunder_Photos