04 January 2012 23:41
LottieMaria
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
LottieMaria
Birmingham
Sutton Coldfield

as im giving alt modelling ago as i think i can pull it of id like to see some alt poses like fetish etc soo could you guys pleaseeee help

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
05 January 2012 04:15
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

I have some fetish and alternative images in my portfolio though you are probably better off looking for inspiration in Bizarre Magazine or on FetLife.

Woops! Sorry, we're not supposed to mention other sites any more.
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

05 January 2012 05:45
rattusratus
Model

alts more style and attitude than pose and that all depends on genre - cupcake pin up going to be more flirty than cyber gothinc modelling - ulorin vex, masumi max, even purestorms andromadax are great alt models that you can learn from but as mentioned before dont try and be someone else just be yourself

Ratisha
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Mark Wood is off-line
05 January 2012 06:16
HandsworthPhotography
Photographer
HandsworthPhotography
West Midlands
Birmingham

As stated - alt is more a state of mind and style of photography than any particular pose.
Try finding a photographer who shoots alt images you like and offering a TF shoot. A good photographer (or stylist) should be able to help you find the right style.

Mark
Mark Handsworth Photography

05 January 2012 08:08
BaileyK
Model

Alt isn't just about tattoos.
At the moment you have a glamour look. Everything about your current look is glam.

You need to change your look first to look even remotely alt.
Are you going for ''ALT'' as in FRONT
or
''ALT'' As in bizzare or such like

Raziela is off-line
05 January 2012 11:02
Raziela
Model
Raziela
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from BaileyK
At the moment you have a glamour look. Everything about your current look is glam.

or

[+1]

Sarah Jemimah is off-lineSilver Member
05 January 2012 13:51
SarahInTortureland
Model
SarahInTortureland
Staffordshire
Stafford

Do your research.

Find out who the top 'alt', creative and fetish models are. Study their work, study their poses, look at who they have worked with, look at the sets, the styling, everything. Get a hold of some books, type things into google. I have books on pinup, dita von teese, 'kinky nature' is a great book full of models in latex in the woods.
You need to put the effort in.
I hate putting things on a plate, but heres some starters:

Models:
-Ulorin Vex
-Andromeda X :http://www.modelmayhem.com/515875
- Ellen: http://www.facebook.com/ElegyEllemModel
-Morgana : http://threnodyinvelvet.com/ she dosnt do much alt anymore more fashion, but a sure inspiration.
-Cervena fox: http://www.modelmayhem.com/812816

Dita von teese...masuimi max...bianca beauchamp..darenzia...ophelia overdose... all top fetish models.

Theres hundreds out there.

Alternative is hard to do, you are either 'alt' or not, alt set apart the rest as alternative mdoels make it as offering their look as a kind of service rather than a typical model who can mold themselves to any look.
I am lucky in that i can be flexible in my look and i do nudes, but there are so many things i cant do.

Looking at your current portfolio, you suit glamour, and possibly 'front style', which i guess is a kind of alternative glamour.

I wish you luck. x

Sarah Jemimah is off-lineSilver Member
05 January 2012 13:51
SarahInTortureland
Model
SarahInTortureland
Staffordshire
Stafford

i excuse any spelling errors in that above post too!

05 January 2012 14:12
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from BaileyK

or

Or Alt as in real life not in a magazine alt :P

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

05 January 2012 17:14
felixliqueur
Model

I can't really add an awful lot more to what the others have said but if you're flexible and brave you could take inspiration from Mosh. Browse through mags like Bizarre and Front but you'll see it's more about attitude than having 'the look'
Back from a six month break! Contact me to book :)

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura Gothic_Kitty kategrimsby nicola25 Olivia75 RoxyMendez
Andy_B bbphotos Cheshunt83 couchestudio david1500 Jb3329 JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices lenscape LGI lify midnite nemesis orca_photography Paul_Jones RichardJohnPhotograp shinywear sniffer thelook
grailmodels