Reminder Secure

When a photographer says "we're shooting nudes just bring yourself"...

This thread is being watched by 5 people
Morgan Lee is off-line
03 January 2012 05:16
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Just because I don't particularly like someone it doesn't mean I would be getting into fisty cuffs, Tarmoo you know nothing about me so how would you know if I would loose a fight with someone who claims to have a blackbelt? I don't brag about my achievements so for all you know I could have several black belts in various martial arts  - perhaps Barone knows more about me than you do and thats why he would be in my corner rubbing my shoulders haha

Fisty cuffs lol that always makes me smile lol not sure why (memories of old b&w films)

On the odd nude only shoot it is nice to mix it up with the odd prop that models bring along but everything depends on the situation in hand if you are trecking for a while to get to a location I wouldn't want to have to carry lots.
Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

03 January 2012 10:38
schotz
Photographer

If I book a model for an art nude shoot I don't expect her to turn up with a bag full of clothes. In most cases when that has happened the clothes have just been thrown in a case and so creased they can't be used which means time I'm paying for is wasted looking at stuff I've no intention of shooting.
It often amuses me when models advertising for paid art nude work include the line, ' I've just bought lots of lingerie'

Scott
Consistently Inconsistent

Quane is off-line
03 January 2012 10:42
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from schotz
It often amuses me when models advertising for paid art nude work include the line, ' I've just bought lots of lingerie'

Because even art nude models shoot other things
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 January 2012 10:42
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Lisaliz
There is one photographer I have worked with (nah, no naming here), who has the ability to transport the contents of a small repertory company's props and wardrobe in one large bag - oh and all the camera paraphernalia in another-  across the underground system and up hill and down dale on location shoots. Absolutely amazing!

It's naming and shaming that's not allowed - not naming and praising! smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

diipii is off-line
03 January 2012 14:45
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

That's exactly what you do.
The rest is the responsibility of the photographer.
It only happens all the time.

Simon Pole is off-line
03 January 2012 14:58
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Lothian
Livingston, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth

Then just turn up in loose fitting clothes, as you will probably need to be dressed to travel

Although I would think an organised photographer would provide some kind of list of preferences, if not, then that's their problem.
We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke, You know we're gonna set them, set them. So everyone can take note, take note! - Adam Ant

Roswell Ivory is off-line
03 January 2012 16:17
Roswell_Ivory
Model
Roswell_Ivory
London
FULL-TIME TRAVELLER AVAILABLE ANYWHERE

I usually bring make-up and hair bands, as well as a pair of shoes and a prop or two just in case either of us have an idea and say "ohhhh why didn't we bring a length of material??" or similar.

However, I always double-check the photographer's portfolio- if there are *only* landscape nudes with no props or outfits at all in there, then the chances are I won't bring them at all.
WEBSITE: http://www.roswellivory.co.uk BLOG: http://roswellivory.wordpress.com

06 January 2012 16:00
adamrobertsonphotography
Photographer

Quote from Tidal_Kitten
It tends to lend itself to playing with the quality of reflections off the skin within compositions. I've never done a shoot without using a moisturiser before hand.

more models should learn this, especially if they have dry skin!
www.adamrobertson.co.uk - www.binkertson.com - www.2damncreative.co.uk

06 January 2012 18:38
Serena
Model

Quote from Tansy_Blue
...What do you ACTUALLY bring? I tend to bring make up, one pair of shoes, 4/5 pairs of undies (also the stockings and suspender belt that live in my bag) 2 or 3 interesting outfits, and a small selection of accessories; I can fit all that in my trusty rucksack if I try, so it's not too much effort and I'd rather bring it and not use it than have the photographer get bored of nudes halfway through and have no other options. What about you guys?

If it is true art-nude these absolutely no point in bringing anything along at all except maybe a small make-up bag and a bit of floaty material (!) but if it's nude (glamour etc) well - the suitcase comes out!   That said ...... I often use my cello for 'nude' !
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

aka_Lozie is off-line
05 February 2012 21:07
aka_Lozie
Model
aka_Lozie
Cheshire
Stockport

I've been told that I'm the only art nude model that turns up to a shoot with 2/3 suitcases and a box of various shoes/boots etc.....I get laughed at, but i'd rather have it than not have it! 9 times out of 10, various bits and bobs get used for props....I hate having to say I've not brought anything with me...

If I was on location, which is very very rare.... I'd bring as standard: food, hot drink, make up, hairbrush, one pair of heels, bits of floaty material, jewellery, baby oil, wear my trainers & fluffy dressing gown. Anything else would have to be specified by the photographer.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlotte90
ad360photo boss1968 Cg123 cgr dave@studio99 doughnut GGDP_Photography Keithhendy LGI michael_cameraman Njsphotography Rupert Simon_M