Reminder Secure

Colour advice (Told I cant have it done at the salon)

Honey is off-line
06 April 2012 07:11
blondehoney
Model
blondehoney
Dorset
Bournemouth

I wouldn't go back to that hairdresser! Bleach/any dye put in your hair by the wrong hairdresser can ruin your hair. Bleach put in well can create perfectly shiny lovely looking hair. The fact that she doesn't want to do it suggest shes not confident. I wouldn't go back. Go and get some free consultations at different salons and get some advice. I love Rush and heard Cream are good think they are all over the countryxx

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
06 April 2012 07:41
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

I was a fully qualified hairdresser for 2 years and left to pursue modelling...

Look for a salon that deals with Matrix. It's a fabulous product...

I would advise doing a bleach bath but with Matrix its totally safe as it helps to condition your hair....yes the salon is wrong to say your hair will fall out unless its BADLY damaged.

We used to use a product called pro pack5. It strengthen the hair (making feel it awful but that is because its packed full protein) We did this 3 times a week if not more and I can assure you NO HAIR BROKE OR FELL OUT....IT IS SAFE!!

If your wanting to go lighter then yes you will need bleach lol...no other way around it.

If wanting to go darker then Matrix is perfect. It has pre-pigments in the colours so instead of using one then another Matrix colours are like two colours in one. Its brilliant!

I would say bleach bath, pro pack 5 before hand followed by the bleach bath then afortifying treatment afterwards (restores breakage by 90%) then re-use their home treatements for 1-4 weeks depending on how long you can go...

Then a colour.

XX

06 April 2012 09:31
BaileyK
Model

I had it done months ago...Thanks though guys

beauvoir is off-line
06 April 2012 13:05
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Shave yer head.

Seriously though, bleach baths are fine as long as you don't make them a regular habit. Once, with plenty of conditioning and aftercare shouldn't be a problem.

Your hair is pretty spectacular so I can imagine the caution with them. Good luck.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 Lushlolly natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle johnmphoto mlp philippahh PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio