Reminder Secure

Colour advice (Told I cant have it done at the salon)

30 December 2011 19:53
BaileyK
Model

Hi everyone,
Please help!!!
I have recently let my hair grow out and now have 3/4 inches of root showing, I was supposed to have it dyed and cut today.
Only for me to turn up and her say oh what dyes on your hair...OH our dye won't take.

I am gutted!
I genuinely don't know what to do...
I want to go darker so closer to my natural colour which is a dark blonde.

She phoned Loreal up and they said a bleach bath(which I refuse to have) or this shampoo which I got today....
If that doesn't work guys what can I do (((
xx

Ariana Wood is off-line
11 January 2012 07:24
ArianaWood
Model

Kent
Maidstone

What colour is your hair at the moment?

What colour are the roots?
What colour is the dye that is already on your hair?
What colour is the dye you want to go on your hair?

If the dye on your hair is darker than the colour you want to go, you will need to have a bleach bath. Tint won't lift tint.

Bleach baths are actually okay. I've had two (about two years apart), and my hair is absolutely fine, so unless your hair is in a particularly bad condition, I'd go for that. If a hairdresser recommended that, then it should be fine.

11 January 2012 07:55
Nel05
Model

Quote Bleach baths are actually okay. I've had two (about two years apart), and my hair is absolutely fine, so unless your hair is in a particularly bad condition, I'd go for that. If a hairdresser recommended that, then it should be fine.

+1

11 January 2012 08:25
BaileyK
Model

Quote from ArianaWood
What colour is your hair at the moment? What colour are the roots? What colour is the dye that is already on your hair? What colour is the dye you want to go on your hair? If the dye on your hair is darker than the colour you want to go, you will need to have a bleach bath. Tint won't lift tint. Bleach baths are actually okay. I've had two (about two years apart), and my hair is absolutely fine, so unless your hair is in a particularly bad condition, I'd go for that. If a hairdresser recommended that, then it should be fine.

Bleach baths aren't ok lol!
I don't want to bleach my poor locks!
I've worked so hard to get my hair in good condition!

The dye on my hair is lighter than I want to go!
Thats why I'm confused lol!

My hair is the colour thats on my profile... My roots are about 2 shades darker.
Theres no way I'm going to do a bleach bath even if you say its ok :P
I'm so scared over hair!!!!

rich Osullivan is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2012 08:39
canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
Essex
ongar

hi there are several options :

if you want to go as dark as your regrowth , you may be able to put that shade into your hair with foils along with a darker blonde , over a period of time your hair will be darker.

the other option is to put a holding colour a red tone over the blonde , and then put your target shade over the top.

if you are trying to match your darker regrowth to your current hair colour you would not need to lift your current shade

obviously i am doing this going by your images .

if your regrowth is lighter than your current hair colour , then the options are to lift it or let it grow out or get it cut.
thats assuming you do not want to use effasor (the lifting agent)

my advice would be to consult other colourists in your area , they may have other options

either way it will need a chemical process

best of luck

rich

Ariana Wood is off-line
11 January 2012 09:01
ArianaWood
Model

Kent
Maidstone

Well, if you want to go darker but they are still recommending a bleach bath, it's probably because the colour will be patchy otherwise.

However, I used to dye my hair black for about 5 years, which is obviously difficult to remove. I wanted it dyed ginger and consulted 15 hairdressers. Only one agreed to do it, and that was Aveda.

In fact, after Aveda had bleach bathed my hair to an orangey blonde, and put the tint on top, it was in the best condition I had ever seen it in, so I really recommend Aveda for their product knowledge and also the products themselves; they are gentle and quality.

Now, the bleach bath really was okay! I know you wouldn't want to do it too often, but once in a blue moon, it shouldn't damage your hair, unless your hair is weak or unhealthy (which obviously, as a model, it shouldn't be and you need to have it cut, like or lump it).

BUUUT if you really hate the idea of having a bleach bath (which is not the same as bleaching) then book consultations at other hairdressers who use other brands of dye aside from Loreal. I'm sure one of them will be able to help you.

11 January 2012 09:21
BaileyK
Model

Cheers guys,
I was warned by the hair dresser the bleach bath would muller my hair and I'd have to have it all cut off.
My hair is in great condition(so she said) and she didn't really want to do it.

Very much appreciated.
Even Loreal didn't recommend the bleach bath so I shall stear clear.

I will go back to the hairdressers and talk to her if not I shall go elsewhere..
Sorry guys it took 8 months for me to be brave enough to have it dyed xoxox

05 April 2012 13:42
Pip86
Model

I've had a bleach bath to lift my hair from a VERY dark brown/ black to almost white blonde. It didn't fall out, it didn't break, it was still soft and shiny, it's been so many colours and bleached from very dark to blonde.

Hairdresser said it wouldn't work, my hair is fine.

Jesfish is off-line
05 April 2012 14:15
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

It amazes me how many crap hairdressers there are around!  Bleach baths are fine!

Honey is off-line
06 April 2012 06:11
blondehoney
Model
blondehoney
Dorset
Bournemouth

I wouldn't go back to that hairdresser! Bleach/any dye put in your hair by the wrong hairdresser can ruin your hair. Bleach put in well can create perfectly shiny lovely looking hair. The fact that she doesn't want to do it suggest shes not confident. I wouldn't go back. Go and get some free consultations at different salons and get some advice. I love Rush and heard Cream are good think they are all over the countryxx

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cody Laila19 Michelledefeo1 tanyacox winX
ad360photo alienation2 antoinewynn Auctioneer bradder coolc700 CutePoacher duncanjames frankpht gerry99111 Images1854 James7799 keltica Kjoservices markwalden michaelangelo mike0048 mlp nycoe scruff Willjamieson
photo39