Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16264974

20 December 2011 16:45
Redmond_Photography
Photographer

I don't agree with breast implants anyway. So this might deter some people.
'Don't just take the shot...Make the shot' - www.redmondphotography.co.uk

20 December 2011 17:20
Vas
Model

'Don't agree'? This isn't abortion or the mass-production of beef, it's what women choose to do with their own bodies, and affects nobody else at all.

Ian Coyle is off-lineGold Member
20 December 2011 17:25
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Lothian
Livingston

Im not racist. I hate everyone!

HowardJ is off-line
20 December 2011 17:36
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I agree that a woman should be able do whatever she likes with her own body. my point was more you have to make the decisions on implants, surgeons, etc. very carefully. in this case it would have been hard to not pick the PIP implants as they were presented as being just another type of implant and nobody having them could have known there were any issues with them.

Spike is off-line
20 December 2011 17:54
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Cosmetic surgery is great till it goes wrong as I found out ysterday - my wife went to the dentist with a toothache looks like the tooth is dead & she needs root canal treatment at a cost of around £800 - probable reason for the tooth dying - the cosmetic dentistry work she had on it a couple of years ago (veneers)just what you want with all the Xmas bills coming in in January - she is not happy
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

20 December 2011 18:55
Vas
Model

Quote from HowardJ
I agree that a woman should be able do whatever she likes with her own body. my point was more you have to make the decisions on implants, surgeons, etc. very carefully. in this case it would have been hard to not pick the PIP implants as they were presented as being just another type of implant and nobody having them could have known there were any issues with them.

Comment wasn't aimed at you Howard.

RE: the implants in the story, it sounds like even shopping around and getting more opinions from other surgeons wouldn't have helped, if 30,000 women were affected!

20 December 2011 19:34
ALEXA1970
Model

The french implants problem was known about 18 months ago and the Telegraph reported it here.
If anybody has implants they should be able to go back to their surgeon or clinic and specifically ask whether they uses the French implants. Their records should be able to tell you what was used.
As with any cosmetic surgery, there are risks. There are people who have had fillers or botox that go 'wrong' or ops which did not turn out as expected.
The emphasis always seems to be on boobs though !!!!

20 December 2011 19:54
Redmond_Photography
Photographer

Quote from Vas
'Don't agree'? This isn't abortion or the mass-production of beef, it's what women choose to do with their own bodies, and affects nobody else at all.

Yes, I totally agree with the fact that women can do what they like with their body as I have stated in a different thread about the 'muff march'

All I'm saying is my opinion. Which is, I don't like implants. What's wrong with that?
'Don't just take the shot...Make the shot' - www.redmondphotography.co.uk

PG_Photographic is off-line
20 December 2011 20:03
PG_Photographic
Photographer

Edinburgh
Edinburgh

There is a difference between "I don't agree with breast implants" and "I don't like implants".

It may be arguing over semantics and what was written may not have conveyed the meaning intended but the former suggests that you don't believe they should be available for people to have the choice whereas the latter just states a personal preference.

Having said that when I read your first statement I did have visions of you having a heated debate with a pair of breast implants.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment pinklilly
carshaltonkev Musicman